67 / it's me, andrea

INCOMING CALL
Unknown Number

"Hello...who is this?"

"Hey Reese, it's me Andrea."

"Oh...hey. What's up?"

"I just wanted to talk."

"Okay?"

"I don't know about you but I was hoping we could talk and maybe sort things out between us."

"I don't think that will work, I mean-"

"I know what you're gonna say how we don't go to the same college, how we live an hour away from each other and stuff but I still really like you, fuck, I really love y-"

"Listen to me, Andr-"

"No. You listen to me. Everything was perfectly fine between us. We were dating for eight months, nearly a year and then all of a sudden you started ignoring me and then broke up with me through text."

"Andrea-"

"You never even told me why. Don't you think that's a little unfair? What did I even do wrong?"

"It isn't about that-"

"What's it about then? Did you have commitment issues or something or did you just get bored?"

"It wasn't working out anymore..."

"Oh bullshit. You know everything was perfectly okay. We were happy...or at least I thought we were."

"Okay fine, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that I-"

"I just want to know why you broke up with me? It was nearly our one year..."

"I...there was another girl and-"

"You cheated on me?!"

"What? No, no it was nothing like that. There was just another girl in my life and I was kind of falling for her. I'm really sorry..."

"Oh."

"Andrea-"

"Is she your girlfriend now?"

"Yes."

"Just don't tell her about the time you cheated on me and I still took you back."

"Andrea, that was ages ago, I'm not like that anymore and I'm sorry."

"I don't accept your apology."

"Okay...I understand."

"..."

"We can still be friends..."

"Are you kidding me?"

"That probably wasn't such a good idea, was it?"

"When are any of your ideas good?"

"You just broke my heart."

"Well now we're even because you've already broken mine."

"..."

"..."

"Andrea-"

"It's fine. Take care of your girl, don't treat her like shit and be good to her. Tell her you love her as many times as you can and...don't leave her."

"I'm sorry I wasn't the guy for you but I'm sure you'll find someone that makes you happy..."

Beep Beep Beep.

+ + +

(reese isn't perfect. don't hate on andrea, she's lovely. a little bit revealed about their past relationship. ty for 150k reads and 18k votes. ily all.)

edit as of sept 2017 : i've now almost reached 900k reads! that's actually insane, thank you!

© cruise-ing
2017
all rights reserved