Chapter Fifty-Four

Začať od začiatku

"You'd tell me if he got drunk and didn't tell me wouldn't you?" I asked him more or less pouting.

"Yes," he rolled his eyes at me, "I promise if I see a drop of alcohol even come close to touching his lips I'll be on the phone to you like a flash." He said presumably mocking me again.

"Okay well we're allowed to have like a couple of drinks, we're just not allowed to get anywhere near drunk, that's just the rules we came up with." I told him.

"Then why haven't you had like even one drink tonight?" He asked.

"Because like when it comes to you, the amount of self control I have when it comes to drinking is more or less nothing and I know what if I start it won't just be 'one' and everything will get out of control and I've been doing so well I wouldn't want to ruin that." I told him honestly.

"I promise I won't let you have more than one, like seriously this wine is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever tasted." He smirked at me and I knew that the next thing to come out of his mouth would be inappropriate, and I was right. "You being the most gorgeous obviously." He continued smirked at me.

"You're so dirty minded." I said trying to hide my grin but failing miserably.

"You love it really." He laughed and leaned down to kiss my nose. "We really should go back in there you know." He whispered to me. 

"I know." I sighed pulling away from him. "It's nearly over, come on you can get through this." I said jokingly giving myself a pep talk.

"You're seriously one strange woman." He laughed and then pulled on my hand to walk back through the door with him.

"Pfft, tell me something I don't know."

---

"Thank you for having us Marjorie, honestly I had such a great time, it was so fun seeing all those old places again and catching up with so many people." I said to her as me and Gary were about ready to leave.

"Oh don't be silly, it was my privilege." She said pulling me in for a hug. "Now you need to promise me that you won't leave it as long till you see me next time." She said releasing me from her grip but still holding my arms.

"I promise, I'll force him to let me come up and see you more." I smiled at her.

"Good." She smiled and hugged me again. "That does apply to you as well you know, I expect to see you more regularly." She said squeezing Gary's cheeks.

"Yes mum, I will definitely try and see you before Christmas but it not you're still coming down for boxing day yes?" He asked her.

"Of course. What are you doing for Christmas dear?" She asked me.

"Me and Lauren are going to be spending it with Mark and Gary." I told her.

"Ahh that's nice, will I see you on boxing day as well?" She asked, I looked at Gary unsure what to say.

"I mean as long as that's okay with you and Gary of course." I smiled, hoping Gary wouldn't mind.

"Of course that's okay dear, don't be silly." 

"Alright mum, me and Katie have really got to get going now, we'll see you soon I promise." He said leaning in to give her a peck on the cheek. "I love you." He said to her.

"I love you too son." She smiled at him. "Bye Katie, like I said, make sure you get him to come visit with you more." She smiled at me as we stood at the door.