Chapter 42: Wide Open

The tightness on my chest was gone as I can finally move my hands a little unlike the last time I had some scenes and consciousness. I feel much better now but, the pain is still there.

My arms and legs hurts so much as I try to move a little. My head feels so heavy too.

I want to open my eyes.

I want to see everyone.

Rafael.

I gather all of my strength just to open my eyes so once I open them slowly, the blinding light from the windows hits mine causing me to wince a little but I realize a hand on top of mine.

I took a deep breath as I try to inhale the oxygen on me and tried to gather up my voice.

"G-Gabby?" My voice was cracked and low.

Gabby immediately raised her head as soon as I call her name. She looks so shock yet happiness filled her beautiful face "Hey, beautiful. Good morning."

I just smiled but I feel so weak and I can't even open my eyes that widely. My eyes are open halfway.

My sister.

"Gabby, you are my~"

"Shhh, I know." She smiled tenderly as her eyes starts to flood as she place a hand on the side of my head caressed it. "I already know it, little sis. I've known it since the day you stepped inside my store."

I blinked. "How?"

Gabby shrugged her shoulders and just smiled, as tears rolled down her cheeks. "Because I can feel it. That my sister is still alive and I have to look for her." She chuckles a little.

I try to remove the oxygen covering my nose and mouth. But Gabby seems to get what I was doing so she took it off for me "Can you breathe even without this?"

I just nod my head as I inhale the real air of the surroundings, it made me so alive. The colors came back in my life. God, it feels like years that I'm unconscious.

"Wait, how long was I unconscious?" I questioned.

"Almost six days" she replied, standing up and came back with a bottle of water with a straw in it in her hands "Here. Sip some water" She guided the straw near my mouth as I sip it slowly.
"Did Mom knew?" I asked.

She shook her head "Not yet. I-I haven't talked to her."

"But seriously, Gabby. How did you know that we're sisters?"

She place the bottle on the desk and sat down on the chair next to my bed again. "I had Mom investigated when I married my husband. I found out they had another child besides me so I also had you investigated. So when I found out your location, I decided to have my own store here as well. Until fate came for both of us and we met because of the pouch you bought"

I just chuckled. God really had plans on us.

"At least now I know that I'm not alone anymore." I stated, with a huge smile on my face.

Gabby held my hand that was on top of my stomach. "Yes, sis. And from now on, I will help you no matter what happened." She told me, warmness filled my heart.

"Mom changed, you know?" I manage to add.

"Change? What do you mean by change? In a good way or a bad way?" She seems to be a little confused. "She and Dad are the worst parents ever. I don't have a plan to see her again."

"She changed in a good way, sis. She went to rehab and now marries to a decent guy and had a nice job" I informed her. "She regrets all of her mistakes, Gabby. She even begged for me to forgive her....and she wants to see you."