Chapter 41: A Worried Husband

I arrived at the hospital, and my mind is still in madness. My breath was ragged as I ran through the hospital hallway while searching for the emergency area. Scott texted me the name of the hospital and where I can see them.

I spotted Scott standing and leaning on the white wall, looking bothered and tired. He looks really worried too.

"Boss..." he turn to me and looked a little relief.

"How is she?" I quickly asked.

He hesitated to answer, like he is thinking on how to say it to me properly without making the aura here more intense. But that is not gonna calm me down. .

"Scott, how is she?" I repeated, my voice stronger.

"T-they still don't know, Boss." He finally replied not meeting my eyes. "The doctors are still treating her, checking up her wounds. But she was brought here in a critical stage."

"Why? What happened?" my voice now weakened. I can't bear the thought that my Belle is in terrible situation. I can feel her pain, she's been hurt too much. And I can't help but blame myself.

Scott sigh "It's Marissa." He spoke.

"What did Marissa do this time?" My jaw clenched in anger, knowing that she had something to do with this. How many times do I gave to tell her to stay out of our life.

She should be angry at me, Belle has nothing to do with this. Marissa is just the one who keeps on bugging my life and acts like she is still my girlfriend. That woman just don't know how to accept defeat.

Scott explained the whole scenario of what happened in how he ended up in the club, how he saw Belle drinking her ass off and then they had an argument near the restroom but that stopped when Lola, Scott's date, wants to leave. Until she saw Marissa chasing after Belle who was running from her. Scott saw the whole thing when Marissa pushed her to the high way  and a car hit her.

My chest tightened imagining that scene. Belle must have been scared. Something that I never ever wanted her to feel when she is with me.

I waited and waited outside the operating room, what is taking so long? Are her wounds that bad that can take them hours in that room?!

"Hey, relax a little." Scott place a hand on my shoulder.

"How can I calm down?! My wife is inside that fucking room! I don't fucking know if she is even alive or not!" I snapped, breathing rapidly.

I combed my hands through my hair down my face and place a hand on my waist. Yes, he is right. I need to calm down a little. Screaming and getting angry won't do anything.

God, please give me strength. Save my wife.

"Boss...Belle is strong. She will live" Scott tried to comfort me.

But I just gave him a weak smile "I really hope so, my friend. I'm praying for it." I told him, sitting down on the hospital bench to wait for the doctor to deliver the news.

Minutes later, Steve together with Don also arrived, breathing heavily from the running. They also looked shock and worried.

"How long have she been inside?" Don asked.

"Almost 2 hours now." Scott answered.

"I would never thought Marissa would do such thing." Steve murmured, he is still in his doctor's coat. He is actually assigned to another hospital which is a little far from here so I really appreciate that he drive all the day just to be here.

"I do." Don grumbled. "What she did today is too much."

"Where is she now?" Steve asked.

"I already called the police." I answered.