40: Logan

I groaned, as the door shut behind Alexa. I looked at my father exasperatedly.

"Was that really nessescary?" I groaned.

He laughed. "I was only teasing, though she did look as if you two were doing something questionable."

I only shook my head. "Did you come to talk to me?"

"Actually yes." My father moved towards me, until he was in front of me. "Your mother told me that Jonathan's training you."

"Yeah." Was I said.

I knew what he had done to my father. He had basically possessed him, and kidnapped him. My mother was the one who had saved him. I reminded myself though, that that wasn't actually Jonathan. That was Sebastian, an entirely different person.

"I want to train with you two." He said.

I was surprised. "Why?"

My father shrugged casually. "I'll help. I've fought Lilith too, though I don't know how as he does."

"I fear no one does." An amused voice said.

We both turned around, to see Jonathan. He was wearing black gear and he was slightly smiling at my father. His white blonde hair was neat, and his green eyes were studying the both of us.

"By the Angel, you two really do look like each other." He said.

My father chuckled. "Don't let Clary hear that. She always tries to say that Logan looks like her."

I smiled. It was true, my mother always tried to say that. The only that I had that was hers, were my eyes, the same as the rest of my siblings. Scarlett looked a lot like my mother, but I would say Austin looked more like my father, excluding his red hair. It was too early to tell who Paris looked like.

Jonathan chuckled and walked over to us. "So, should we start?"

We agreed, and we started onto hand to hand combat. Jonathan made me go against my father, which wasn't easy. Even now, he was still faster and stronger than me, and I had a bit of trouble keeping up with him. Not that I would ever admit it, though. After that we threw knives, used swords, and practiced with the bow and arrow.

After about two hours, we all decided to stop for the day. Jonathan had bid us goodbye, and my father and I left. We walked down the hallway side by side.

"That was fun." I said randomly.

"It was." He agreed. "He's much different now."

"What did he used to be like?" I asked wearily.

"Cruel, manipulative, heartless." My father said. "I never was afraid of him, though."

"That must have been hard on mom." I furrowed my brow.

"It was. I think the hardest part for her was knowing that she'd never have a good relationship with her brother." He said. "I had always felt horrible for her."

By now, we had reached my room. I walked inside, and took a shower, chained my clothes, and walked to the dining room. Everyone was already seated for dinner, and I took my spot beside Austin. I tried not to pay attention to Alexa who was laughing with Will. She had been so close to figuring out my feelings for her, today. I needed to hide them better. I started eating, and Austin leaned over to me.

"Scarlett and I couldn't create a rune, today." He said quietly.

I felt a little jolt of worry go through me. "It's okay, you'll both think of something. Did you ask mom too?"

He nodded. "She said she's been trying for days. Nothing's coming to her."

I felt more worry. "That's okay. You'll make one, I know it."

Austin only sighed, and leaned away from me. I tried not to show my worry. What if they couldn't make one? I mean, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but their runes would really help me. It wasn't like I had a lot of time, either. Lilith would come for me. It wasn't that I was scared, I hurting didn't want her hurting everyone else. If she only took me and didn't harm the others, I would go happily.

I didn't eat much of my dinner, and soon everyone finished. We all then sat in the living room, and I tried not to dwell on the the whole rune situation. Well, not everyone sat. Uncle Simon and Max were playing Call of Duty: Black Ops, on Max's new Xbox One. They were addicted to that game.

We all sat for a bit, until there was a knock at the Institute doors. My father went to answer it, and returned with uncle Alec and uncle Magnus following behind him.

"Alec!" Aunt Isabelle said happily, and hugged her brother.

We all said our hello's, and they both took a seat.

"So, how are you coming along with the whole Lilith thing?" Uncle Magnus asked cooly.

"Alright, I'm not her slave yet, so I'm feeling pretty good." I joked.

"Don't even say that." My mother frowned. "We'll protect, Logan, nothing is going to happen to you."

Aunt Isabelle gave me a small smile, and I sighed to myself. I wish they would stop saying that. Didn't they know that I didn't want any of them getting hurt because of me? I didn't want them to protect me. Not if it meant them getting hurt.

"I've set up protective wards around the Institute." Uncle Magnus said. "But I don't know if they'll do much, she is a greater demon."

My mother sighed in relief. "Thank you, Magnus."

"You know me, always protecting Shadowhunters." He joked, and everyone chuckled.

After a few hours, I decided to go to bed. I said my goodnights, and walked up the stairs, to my room. I changed into my pyjamas, and got into bed.

* * *

I woke in the middle of the night, pouring with sweat. I had just had a nightmare, where Lilith had been burning everyone I cared about in front of my eyes. Maybe I was a little more scared of her than I thought. I tossed and turned in my bed for another hour, until I couldn't take it anymore.

I left my room, and walked down the stairs to the kitchen. I got a glass of water, and drunk it slowly. I then noticed a bright light, coming from the living room. I felt my body slowly moving towards it. I slowly walked to the living room, and stared. It was a bright circle of light, big enough for a person to go through. A portal. Everything told me to run, but my body wouldn't let. I tried to shout for help, but my voice wouldn't work.

Against my will, I was walking closer and closer to the portal. Stop! I screamed to myself, but my body wouldn't let me. I felt myself walk into the portal, and then everything went black.