11: Scarlett

The next morning we all stood in the Gard, waiting for Jia Penhallow. I wished she would hurry up and show up already. I wanted to leave right away. I was still absolutely shocked that Logan liked Alexa. Alexa would probably like him back if he spent more time with her. Suddenly Will sidled up next me.

"Where is she?" He murmured.

I sighed. "I don't know. I wish she'd hurry up."

I looked at him. He was wearing black jeans, and a hoodie. He was actually really good looking. His black hair was falling into his eyes, and his grey eyes were searching for Jia. I felt myself blush. Oh no, was I getting feelings for him? I couldn't be. Plus, he already liked Alexa.

"Have you noticed that there's something going on with my mom?" Will asked suddenly.

I looked over at aunt Tessa. She was staring the ground, looking a thousand miles away. I had noticed yesterday at dinner that she was much quieter than usual.

"Yeah. Do you know what's wrong?" I asked him.

Will shook his head. "When she went for a walk I went to go find her, and I heard talking to someone, but when I saw her, there was no one there."

"That's weird." I said strangely.

He was about to say something, when Jia Penhallow walked up. When I saw who was with her, I felt my heart jump the slightest bit. Behind her, was aunt Aline, aunt Helen, and Blake. He was smirking, and I glared at him.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting." Jia started. "I've decided that it isn't safe for you all by yourselves in New York, so I've asked the my daughter and her family to come stay in the Institute so we have more Shadowhunters, until this is over. I would also like if the Lightwood's and Carstairs stay at the Institute as well."

I felt my heart drop. No! Blake couldn't stay at the Institute! I couldn't see him everyday! I shot a panicked look at Alexa, and she returned it with a sympathetic one.

"Consul, don't you think we have enough Shadowhunters already?" I started, panicked.

Jia waved her hand. "You can never have enough. I thought it was a great idea, Blake proposed it."

Blake then smiled gleefully, and I glared at him fiercely. Ugh, I hated him! Soon after that, we all left. Aunt Clary made a portal, and we all returned home. My mother showed aunt Helen and aunt Aline their room, and she asked Austin to show Blake his. I stood frustratedly in the living room, with Will, Charlotte, Max, Alexa, and Logan.

"He needs to get the hell out of here." I said angrily.

"Just tell me if he's bothering you. I'll gladly kick his ass." Logan smirked.

"Me too." Alexa said. "I hate him."

"Wait, why don't you guys like him?" Will asked.

I quickly told him the story, and his and Charlotte's eyes widened.

"What an asshole!" Charlotte exclaimed.

"Tell me about it." I rolled my eyes.

Just then my mother walked into the room, and I immediately raced to her.

"I need to talk to you." I said.

"Alright." She said.