28: Alexa

The smell of new furniture blasted at me, as soon as I stepped through the portal. I looked around, the Institute had had a major makeover. There was all new furniture, and new flooring. There wasn't even a sign that two days ago this place had been over run with hybrids. I smiled, uncle Magnus and Catarina had done a good job.

Everyone else followed behind me, Scarlett and Blake hand in hand. They had been all over each other since yesterday. I smiled at them, they were very cute and I was happy that Scarlett was finally with him. I walked down the hallways and to my room. I opened the door and stared. There was a new bed, my walls were pink carpet and my flooring was hardwood. I then noticed a stack of clothes and shoes on my bed, and there was a note on them.

"My gift to you."

-Your magnificent Uncle Magnus

I smiled happily. Yes! New clothes! I would have to remember to thank uncle Magnus next time I saw him. I dug through the pile. He had gotten me five new pairs of high heel boots and a tons of pairs of pants and shirts. I squealed excitedly. Uncle Magnus had good taste.

After I was done fangirling over my clothes, I walked downstairs to the living room. Everyone was sitting there, including uncle Alec and uncle Magnus. I ran over and hugged uncle Magnus.

"Thank you so much for the clothes!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled and hugged me back, and then we pulled away.

"Anything for my Lex." He winked.

I then hugged uncle Alec, who was smiling at uncle Magnus and I. I then took a seat, beside Logan. Conveniently, that was the only seat open. I looked around. All the adults were talking, Charlotte, Will, and Austin were all laughing at something, and Scarlett and Blake were sitting together and he was whispering something in her ear, and she was blushing. I smiled at them.

"They're cute, aren't they?" I said to Logan.

"He better not hurt her." He growled.

I chuckled. "I doubt he will, but if he does I'll kick his ass with you."

Logan laughed. "It's a deal."

"So, has your neck finally recovered?" I raised an eyebrow amusedly.

"Yeah, thanks to you." He winked, and I tried not to faint.

I blushed. "Will Herondale seemed to love you."

"Well, his sister seems to love you." He said amusedly.

I chuckled. "That's true. I can't believe we didn't even get injured."

"Me too. We're lucky that they were all there. Not, that I wouldn't I have been fine by myself." Logan smirked.

I rolled my eyes humorously. "You're so arrogant."

"I've been told that it's actually very charming." He winked.

"By who?" I raised an eyebrow amusedly.

"My many adoring hordes of fangirls." Logan smirked, looking just like uncle Jace.

"Why haven't you dated any of them, then?" I asked curiously.

He shrugged casually. "I haven't really liked anyone. Well, I mean of course I've liked people, but no one really felt like the one you know?"

"Well, I had been convinced that Matthew was the one, but now it doesn't feel like it. Of course though it wouldn't work out, but I had been convinced that I would never like anyone but him." I said.

"And now?" He asked.

"And now I think I like someone else." I replied.

"Who?" Logan raised an eyebrow.

I blushed. "No one."

"Oh c'mon, Lex. You can tell me." He said.

"Nope." I said.

He groaned, and I laughed at him. I looked around again, to see my mother and aunt Clary watching us, smirking. I cringed, and turned back to Logan. He was looking at me with something I couldn't place. His pupils were huge, and his green eyes were brighter than I had ever seen them. I couldn't look away from him.

"Your eyes, they're really nice." I breathed, unaware of what I was saying.

He chuckled and smirked. "Thanks."

I quickly snapped out of my trance, and looked away from him.

"I need air." I mumbled.

I got up and walked out of the living room, and walked out of the Institute doors. I took a seat on the steps, and sighed. I had almost fainted back there, I needed to control myself. What was wrong with me? I had never liked anyone before, but I didn't even think I liked Logan anymore. I loved him. I was in love with Logan Herondale. It sounded crazy in my head. Just then the door opened, and someone took a seat next to me.

I looked to my right, to see Max. His brown hair was spiked up a bit, and his brown eyes were light. I smiled brightly, I hadn't spent time with him properly, in awhile.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked me. "You kind of just left."

I sighed. "Yeah, I'm just not feeling well."

"Is it Logan?" Max smirked.

My eyes widened and I blushed. "Why would you think that?"

He raised an eyebrow at me, looking like our father. "Really Lex?"

I sighed. "Fine yes, it's him."

"Are you in love with him?" Max asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled. "But he doesn't like me back."

He looked as if he was going to say something, but decided against it.

"You don't know that." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Really Max? C'mon look at him and look at me. Plus, he could have any girl he wanted, so why would he pick me?"

"Alexa, you're beautiful of course he'd want you." Max smiled.

I smiled, and held his hand. "Thank you, Max. How are you and Serena?"

He brightened instantly. "We're great. I really think that she's the one."

I smiled. "That's great!"

Max chuckled. "Yeah."

We were both then silent, and I rested my head on his shoulder. Even though he was a year younger than me, Max was way taller than me, and that made  him a perfect head rest.

"I love you, Alexa." He said.

"I love you too, my little Maxy." I teased.

He groaned. "What have I told you about calling me that?"

I laughed, and so did he and he put his arm around me. I smiled, to myself. I really felt bad for people who didn't have a brother, because sometimes they could be really sweet.