17: Alexa

I walked downstairs the next morning, feeling sick to my stomach to see Logan. Just don't look at him, I told myself. Don't look at him and you'll be fine. I walked down to the dining room, and I was the last one awake. The only seat left was beside Scarlett and Will. And it was across from Logan. Great.

I gingerly took my seat, and of course I made the mistake of looking at Logan. His blonde hair was messy, and his green eyes were tired. To my surprise, he was already looking at me with a slight smile. I quickly looked away and blushed.

"Good morning, Lexy." My father said. He was the only one who ever called me Lexy.

"Good morning." I said.

I started eating, and Scarlett leaned over to me.

"I need to talk to you after breakfast." She whispered.

I only nodded my head. Oh no, was she able to tell my feelings for Logan? I cringed. All throughout breakfast, I kept stealing glancing at Logan. He was laughing at something with Austin, and his green eyes filled with happiness. I felt butterflies in my stomach. God, why was he so attractive?

Breakfast ended quickly, and Scarlett practically dragged me up to her room. She closed the door and I took a seat on her bed, feeling very nervous.

"So, how was your night last night?" Scarlett started casually.

"Surprising." I let out a relived sigh. She didn't figure it out yet.

"How so?"

"Matthew visited me." I said.

She smiled, but didn't look too surprised. "And what did he say?"

"Nothing really. We just talked." I said simply. "How come you aren't surprised?"

"I already knew. James, um, visited me." Scarlett blushed the tiniest bit.

"Really?" I smirked.

"Shut up, I don't like him." She blushed.

"You dooooooo." I teased.

"Be quiet." Scarlett said sharply. "He can hear you know. He saw me telling my mother that I have a crush on Will. and--"

She broke off, he'd bright green eyes wide realizing what she just said. I was shocked. She liked Will?

"You like Will? Will Carstairs?" I said, wide-eyed.

"Yeah." Scarlett blushed.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed. "That's too cute!"

She only blushed for a second, and then smirked at me.

"So, who so you like then?" She smirked.

I froze up. "No one."

"I can tell there's someone, Alexa. Just tell me." She insisted.

"Alright, but you can't be mad." I started wearily.

"I swear on the Angel I won't be." Scarlett promised.

"It'sLogan." I blurted out very fast.

Scarlett looked shocked. Absolutely shocked. Her green eyes went very very wide, and her mouth dropped to the floor. She just stayed like that for about thirty seconds, and she regained her composure. Sort of.

"You. Have. A. Crush. On. Logan?" She said slowly.

I cringed and nodded my head. Scarlett didn't say anything for another ten seconds, and then she started to grin. I knew this grin. This was the grin before she had a totally excitement freak out. I braced myself.

"OH MY GOSH! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE?! I SHIP YOU TWO SO MUCH! BY THE ANGEL YOU TWO ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED AND THEN WE'LL BE SISTER IN LAWS!!" Scarlett shouted excitedly.

I laughed, while Scarlett danced around her room crazily.

"You know, James is probably watching you do that, and laughing his ass off." I laughed.

Scarlett immediately stopped, but still shook with excitement. She raced over and grabbed my hand, and stood my up.

"Let's go find Logan!" She shouted.

Before I could protest, we were already out the door, and down the stairs. Scarlett dragged me all the way through the Institute, until we finally doing Logan. He was sitting in the living room with Will and Austin, Blake, and Max. I wasn't sure where Charlotte was.

"Hi, Logan." Scarlett chirped.

Logan looked at her confusedly. "Uh, hey?"

She took a seat, and pulled me down next to her. I sat down and Scarlett started looking at me and giggling mischievously, as if she was eight again.

"Uh, are you alright Scar?" Austin asked her warily.

"I'm great! Aren't you, Alexa?" She smirked at me.

I glared at her. "Sure, Scarlett."

"Let's play truth or dare." Scarlett suggested. "I'll go first. Logan, truth or dare?"

"Truth." He replied.

"Would you rather kiss Alexa or Charlotte?" She asked.

"I don't know. Alexa, I guess." Logan said confusedly.

Scarlett shot me a smirk, and I glared at her again. Logan then asked Max and he asked Scarlett. Much to my dismay, Scarlett asked me.

"Truth." I said.

"Who would you kiss out these lovely boys, here?" She asked smugly.

I shot daggers at her. "Will."

Will blushed fiercely, and Logan stared at me. He looked almost angry. Why?

"Are you sure? Because--" Scarlett started.

"I am very sure." I said firmly.

I was about to ask Austin, when aunt Clary came bustling into the living room.

"Oh, good I found you all." And said.

"What's wrong?" Max asked.

She sighed. "We have to go to Idris."

"What?!" We all exclaimed.

Aunt Clary sighed again. "I know. The Clave wants all to be Idris right now, since New York is crawling with Benjamin's werewolf-vampire's."

"For how long?" Logan demanded.

"We don't know yet. It could be awhile, so pack a lot of clothes." Aunt Clary said. "We leave in an hour."

She then walked away.

"I don't wanna go." Logan whined. "All the girls won't leave me alone, there."

"Such a hard life." Austin said sarcastically, and we all laughed.

Scarlett and I then walked up to our rooms, and I started to pack my things. I liked Idris, but it got very boring. An hour later we all stood in front of the portal aunt Clary had made. Aunt Tessa and uncle Jem went first and then it was my turn. I took one last look at the Institute, and then walked in.