An Assignment

***Hey guys, I'm sorry for the long hiatus. You guys have been so amazing and I will do my best to have at least three chapters done by the end of this week.***

Sakura's POV

"Thank you, Shizune", as the warmth of Shizune's chakra mended my broken wrist, "It's ok I can do the rest". Not to sound rude but I don't like being healed by someone else. I mean, now that my wrists were fixed, I can heal my own ankle. Plus, Shizune probably has a lot of work to do for Tsunade and should not be wasting her precious time and energy on me. I really do not like being a burden to anyone, not just Sasuke.

"Are you sure Sakura? I feel like you should rest. Let me help you", she said as she placed her palms on my ankle.

"NO!", I kinda yelled shocking her, "I mean, it is ok. Plus, you probably have tons of work from Tsunade and the clinic as it is. I don't want to burden you", I said cautiously this time, trying not to offend her again. Plus, I don't want her to see feel the damage that I had on my knee. God knows that if she does, I will end up spending the night in the clinic, which means that I will not be training or going on missions anytime soon.  If my mother caught wind that I was hospitalized, she will not let me train or do any shinobi-related thing. It was our deal. These were the trials that any chakra gifted citizen of Konoha had to go through especially when they were born to "ordinary" parent. 

My mother is a hair stylist in Konoha and my father is an architect. He is the one that gets called to design people's houses especially when they were destroyed during any battles. He hasn't gotten any businness lately since Konoha had been peaceful since Naruto left. However, Naruto is now back, so he is excited for the projects that are yet to come. As for my mom, she always wanted me to be a hairstylist like she is. I mean not to brag but I am kinda talented in that aspect but I want to be different, you know?

Speaking of different, wasn't Shizune saying something serious?

"Sakura, I know that you are stressed out, especially with Sasuke's return but please try to take it easy on yourself. If you ever need someone to talk to you, just know that you have me Ok?" OINK OINK, TonTon chipped in, "and TonTon too", she said trying to smile to hide her worry as she got up to leave. 

"I know", I said avoiding eye contact with her because I know that she will see the tears that I am trying to hold back, "but I want to be strong".

This made her sit next to me, "Sakura, you are one of the strongest Shinobi I know, but that doesn't mean that you should become a rock....", she was saying when I interupted her with, "but Tsunade says that I should not let my feelings for Sasuke hold me back". "I know , I know and that is true", Shizune nodded with understanding, "but that doesn't mean you should shut down your emotions. If you do that then you become no better than HIM!".

"Sakura, our emotions make us stronger. How do you think that Naruto was able to convince Tsunade to return back to Konoha? Speaking of Tsunade, you should come by the office soon", with that she left with TonTon trailing behind her. 

Now that I think about it, why did Tsunade leave Konoha in the first place?

****

*KNOCK...

"Come in", the voice said from inside the office interrupting my hand's path to the door. This was odd, Tsunade always ignored all my knocks. I would politely tap on the wooden frame of the door for minutes until Shizune, always out of pity would tell me to go in. But today things were different as I marched into her room, I felt an air of anticipation and unease. And it was not because of the six pairs of eyes that followed by movement as I walked into the room. I knew this situation, it was page one of the How to Be a Perfect Shinobi guide and yes, there is such a book. Yes, my non-shinobi parents bought it for me after I became a Chonin last year. Yes, I read it.

In a situation such as now, that ridiculous book was useful and I knew how I was expected to act. Now, I know what everyone is thinking, this is not my first mission. However, I know what this is. It was a classified mission. 

I stared straight ahead and walked towards Tsunade, maintaining a blank expression even though I was surprised and not surprised to see the team leaders of Team 7, 8, 9 and 10: Kakashi, Guy, Asuma and Kurenai. Mid stride I looked to the corner of the room to see Shizune standing in usual spot with an unusual expression, it was shame. She had tricked me into coming to this meeting, knowing what it meant and I in my weak self had fallen for the trap.

I turned to look at Tsunade who sat behind her long desk in the middle of the room. Her face was blank and I knew that she was not the Tsunade my mentor, but she was Tsundae my Hokage. This not only validated the fear that I had entering the room, but also magnified it. I did my best to keep my face as expressionless as the guide suggested but I felt a tear leak as I reached Tsunade's desk. 

"Do you know what you have to ?"

With a heavy pang in my heart, I said "Yes, Lady Tsunade".

What do you think was Sakura's new assignment? Is it Sasuke-related in some way? Feel free to comment what you think that the next chapter will be about. The goal is 50 votes and 10 comments for the next chapter.