Chapter 9 "I Promise"

*Harry’s POV*

“Aaron.”

I froze again.

Aaron?

No there was no way. There was no way that Celeste went out with Aaron.

“Aaron?”

“Y-yeah,” she stuttered out.

“You went out with… Aaron?” I didn’t want to sound rude, but it just stunned me that she would settle for him.

“He was my first and only boyfriend.”

“Well, what-what happened?”

She sniffled and stared me straight in the eyes.

“He broke his promise,” her face hardened and her brown eyes darkened, “he made me believe he loved me. He knew all that I went through because I told him. I gave him my trust, love, and shared my deepest and darkest secrets. We were friends, that’s how it all started. He made me happy for a long time and one day he told me he loved me.” She paused and showed a painful smile, only for a tear to fall after. “I told him I couldn’t trust anyone anymore, but he said those exact words you said to me now, ‘Celeste, I will never hurt you. I couldn’t hurt you. I promise.’ That’s how he made me believe. I was probably the happiest girl in the world when I was with Aaron. He made me laugh, smile, and live my life, but then he made me cry. I went up to him at school one day before third period. He was standing by his locker talking to his two friends, Lucas and Jacob. I gave him a hug, but he didn’t hug me back. He just looked down at me like he was disgusted. He told me that he never loved me; he just wanted to get inside of my head and fuck me up even more. He did a good job at doing that,” she finished finally breaking eye contact and looking down at our interlocked hands.

My hatred for Aaron grew impossibly bigger just knowing this. I knew he hurt Celeste, but not like this. I didn’t know he got to her heart. She deserves no pain, especially not when it’s coming from that asshole.

“I am so sorry. He should never have hurt you. But Celeste please, you have to trust me when I say that I will never let him or anyone hurt you if you allow me to love you. I will treat you the way you should be treated. I will do anything and everything I can to make you happy again. And I will go out of my way to fill your heart with my love, just to make it whole again.”

*Celeste’ POV*

His words made my heart swell and the lump in my throat grow. Harry makes me think that nothing can hurt me and everything will be okay in the end. That’s why I needed to give him my trust, even if there wasn’t much left.

“Harry, you have no idea how hard this is, but I will. I will be your girlfriend. I want to feel beautiful again. I want to feel happy again. I want to be loved again, but this time I want it to be by you.”

I looked into his eyes once again, seeing they were happy now.

He stretched out his long arms and wrapped them around me. I nuzzled my head into his warm chest seeking comfort that I knew I would get from him. He kissed the top of my head and whispered in my ear.

“Thank you. I’ll make you you again. I promise I will.”

~~~

Heyo! Sorry for the short chapters but I really wanted to get this one in because I haven’t posted. My brother came home and I wanted to spend some time with him so that’s why there weren’t any updates.

Tell me what you think by voting and commenting!

Crystal :)