10)Saved

Chapter song: "Toxic" by Yael Naim

Third Person POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No way...So you've died twice now - once as a human, and once as a vamp!? That's amazing." Alyssa sighs, swigging back her fourth shot of rum. She wasn't feeling even remotely tipsy as of yet, and it annoyed her somewhat. Why couldn't she be more of a lightweight?

"I'm not sure if that's amazing love, or just rather unlucky." Enzo laughs, swigging from his own bottle.

"I meant it was amazing you're still alive." Alyssa shrugs, downing her fifth shot with ease.

"Alright - so you know how the goldilocks cop was trying to kill me yet again is what had me drinking, but what's your big thorny worry that's got your knickers in a twist?" Enzo asks curiously, sipping from his bottle once more.

"I just found out I was adopted and that I was given birth to by a vampire because she died while pregnant with me." Alyssa shrugs, answering so nonchalantly she barely glances up from her spot at the crowded bar.

Enzo snorts loudly. "A vampire? Shouldn't you be a little more - dead?"

"Eh." Alyssa shrugs, tossing back her sixth shot. "Apparently that's not how it works - I've just got my witch side from whoever my mysterious sperm donor is. But that's not the worst of it." She says, shaking her dark hair as she watches her bouncy dark waves shake her with. Enzo watches her in amusement, sipping from his bottle. "There is a psychotic witch who wants to massacre an entire coven after he sucks the life and magic out of his twenty-years older twin sister." Alyssa nods.

"Is said witch that Kai Parker bloke everyone's talking about?" Enzo grimaces, grabbing some popcorn from the bowl in front of him to toss into his mouth.

"Yeah....Kai Parrrrker." Alyssa mutters, glaring at the wood bar in disgust. "Sociopathic diabolical asshat."

"I take it you two witchies aren't on friendly terms." Enzo guesses playfully, swigging from his bottle once more.

"He's the jackass who told me I was adopted." Alyssa mutters, swigging back shot number seven.

Enzo frowns. "Well maybe the bloke was lying?"

Alyssa shakes her head, a movement that's far too fast. "My dad confirmed it when I confronted him. Like, who does that? Your kid calls you to ask if their friggen adopted, and then you just tell her they are over the phone. I mean, then why the hell was mom trying to kill me if I wasn't related to them??"

Enzo's dark brows cock high in surprise, causing Alyssa to wave him off. "There's this stupid ritual if you murder teenage girls as a sacrifice your coven will be blessed." Alyssa mutters, using two hands with bunny ears to explain. Only as Alyssa did it, she found her bunny ears looked more like some gnarly surfer signals.

"You have a really fucked up life, gorgeous." Enzo nods seriously.

"Ohhh no, I then fuck things up when they're already fucked up." Alyssa says, wobbling slightly in her chair as she shoots down shot number eight. "Crazy psychopathic witch? He kissed me. I didn't stop his crazy ass either. And then, and then, he called me.....easy."  Alyssa mutters, slamming her shot glass down a little too roughly.

"Ouch. That's below the belt." Elmo nods. "I don't find you easy - the easy gals throw themselves at people when they're wasted. You have complete self control over my charms." Enzo winks, causing Alyssa to grin. "But bloody hell. I thought my year was going bad thanks to Stefan and Damon."

"What happened?"

"One of the bloody fuckers killed my girl." Enzo growls, sipping from his bottle.

"Awwwwww." Alyssa mumbles sadly, causing Enzo to nod. "Is that why you're on the whole revengy warpath?"

"It seemed like a good idea when I first started it." Enzo shrugs lightly. "I mean, then I met the long lost niece of theirs in a bid to kill her to get back at Stefan, but now I can't follow through cause' she's actually a nice kid."

"That's actually very noble to have a conscious as a vampire." Alyssa hiccups once, before shooting down her tenth shot. Glancing around sadly, Alyssa finds she downed them all. She could've swore she had a ninth shot.