Flora was called to the stand.

"Oh yeah." Jayla smiled, whispering into Dr. August's ear. "This is going to be a slam dunk."

"Hell yeah." Dr. August smiled as he looked at her. "Shit, you won't even have to testify."

"Flora, you swear to tell nothing but the truth and the only truth so help me god?" The judge said as Flora placed her hand on the bible.

"Yes." Flora nodded.

As Flora took the stand, the prosecution attorney took a sip of water then placed his glass down.

"Flora, is it true that your husbands have abused you throughout your marriage?" The prosecution asked.

"No sir." Flora said as she shook her head.

Dr. August's and Jayla's mouths dropped as the lie flew straight out of her mouth. All Dr. August could think about what her running repeatedly in the office scared. Even the prosecution was caught off guard at her statement.

"Are you sure?" The prosecution asked.

"Yes I am." Flora lied, looking him straight into his eyes.

"Well, why do I have pictures proving otherwise?" The prosecution asked as he showed the jury her photographs taken by police. "Why do I have files of you reporting your husband to the police?"

"I lied about all of it, sir." Flora lied again. "All of those bruises came from me self inflicting it. I lied about the "abuse" thing because I was mad at my husband, that's all."

"She's lying!" Dr. August shouted as he lunged out of his seat.

The whole courtroom turned to Dr. August, giving him a confused look.

"Excuse me?" Flora barked at him. "How would you know about what goes on in my life?"

"You're the one who came to my office to ask for help!" Dr. August snapped as he pointed at her.

"Order! Order!" The judge barked, banging her gavel onto the podium.

"Ma'am, her husband knocked her in the side of the head with his pistol that he used to kill Jayla!" Dr. August continued. "She's lying for no damn reason!"

"Ernest, Peter, can you escort Mr. August were out of the courtroom?" The judge asked as the security guards grabbed onto Dr. August's arms and led him out. "Thank you."

Jayla watched as Dr. August was escorted out of the room. Caring about him, she wasn't about to let him go alone. She shook her head at the judge and stormed up, following him out of the courtroom. 

Wherever he went in this situation, she went with him.

Meanwhile, Numra decided to pick up Christina from school since she knew that Dr. August was going to be at the courtroom. To be nice, she drove Christina to the hospital to see James. They bought some roses from a local store, then pulled up to his room. When they got there, they seen him laying in the bed alone with the hospital gown on. He was bundled up under his covers, smiling as Christina and Numra walked into the room.

"Surprise, surprise." Numra said in a low tone as her and Christina walked into the room.

"Hey Christina." James said, putting a small smile onto his face.

"Hey James." Christina smiled. "Uh......where is your mother?"

"She's down in the basement buying some lunch." 

"Oh good. I haven't ate any food all day!" Numra said as she snatched her money out of her purse. "Chrissy, i'm going to get you a candy apple. I'm starving."

As Numra scurried out into the hall, Christina pulled up a hospital stool and sat next to James.

"How do you feel?" Christina asked.

"Better. It was the worst pain i've ever felt in my life." James responded. "I........they said that one of my kidneys were on the verge of failing."

"That's what I was trying to tell you all along, James." Christina said in a serious tone. "I care about you. That's all."

"Um............Christina..." James said in a serious tone. "I have a serious question to ask you."

"Yes?"

James put his hand on top of hers, glancing up at her before spitting his words out.

"Will you............go out with me?" James asked in a serious tone.

Christina's eyes widened in shock. This was the first time she was ever asked out by a boy. She knew that her mother would kill her if she went against her religion by having a boyfriend at a young age, but her father wouldn't care because he wanted her to experience a real teenage life.

But the sad part is, Christina had no interest in going out with him. She wasn't attracted to him, and she only looked at him as a friend.