A Powerful Friend

Richard was alone amid the night's blackness. His vehicle speeding down the long banks near the ocean. A patch of trees made its way to meet his gaze. The moto was silently parked on the surrounding dirt driveway. A man moved closer into view from Richard's headlights. Richard brings the device to rest while he slips out his door.
"I wasn't going in this direction Richard, but something told me to turn around, and what do you know, here you are!"
Richard stood a short distance from the man who continued to ramble on.
"I know what you're thinking, but this isn't what it looks like. I'm here with an olive branch reaching out to your newly found organization. No! Better I'm here ready to give you the key to the universe. A bridge, to connect you, me, everyone to Eternity herself. But I need your help. I need to you to help me rebuild something that only recently seemed impossible. I need you to help me rebuild the bridge. To mend the pieces if you will, and I can't do it without you."

Richard swallowed his breath in attempt to speak.
"How are you here? I didn't even know where I was going and I sure as hell know that I wasn't being followed. Explain to me how this is possible!" a sweat began to pour from his face.
The man only smirked in acknowledgement. A glow of knowing seemed to shoot right out from his eyes.
"This my friend is one small piece of the gigantic puzzle you yourself have been seeking all along with the FW4. You might say unconsciously it's the whole purpose of why you even formed it. I found proof Richard! I have found the way to answer all of your questions. A way for every question which has ever been pondered about the universe, time, and Eternity to finally be answered. It has been hidden all this time in plain sight, right in front of our own bloody eyes. Richard I found you because I had a hunch and as I peered quietly into that idea it allowed my intuition to take over and bring me where my intentions.....Pure intentions mind you, were trying to bring me all along. Beyond using a force of my will, beyond all my physical and mental controlling capacity, using nothing more than the spirit itself. But that's not the exciting part Richard, there's a way to track it and only by using the generous tools that science has given us is what allows the tracking of spirit to be possible."

"You're talking madness Frida. Science has no want to prove the impossible. If it did I wouldn't be hiding would I? I wouldn't have had to leave the FW4. Frida if that were possible I wouldn't have to change my name again would I? But that's exactly everything that I have been forced to do now by your precious institution of science."

Frida "Well I admit the probability is pretty slim, but I believe that I can turn your situation all around Richard. I can make all these problems solve themselves. All you need to do is join me and I can introduce you to the one's pulling all the strings. I'll put you exactly where you have been wanting to be although without you ever realizing that's where you were being intuitively guided to. But this time Richard it'll be your redemption. Don't you deserve a second shot at a new life? Isn't it time?"

It was still fresh in Richard's head. It was what made his speech so inspiring while hidden behind it's powerful message was all his pain. The report read that his dear friend was one of the three perpetrators who brought the FW4 into hiding from the Company. He was one of the three who sacrificed his own life to do good for the world. The pain was unbearable and it was the last action he would make as Richard. From here on he would allow the fragments that were Richard to hide behind his own pain.
"Richard will you join me?"

He looked at Frida with partial tears sliding down his cheek and anger surging with a need for some kind of redemption.
"My name is Prichard Frida from this moment on. Richard is gone forever now. Let's find out more about this door to other worlds you were talking about."
"It's a bridge we are going to Prichard, the door is just how we find it! But together, you and I, will rebuild it. Then we'll share it with the world!"