Sally's Discovery

She pulled up to the front of the building. It was an average tower of metal and glass with height that shot through the clouds. The busy passerby's paid no attention to anything, but what was in front of them. They had too much on their mind to be concerned with anything happening outside of their world. Most people who lived among the towers conditioned themselves to live this way. So that way they would never get attached to anything that was of their own making. Sally waited until the busy shuffling of people moved passed her enough so she could quickly squeeze through. Her hands clicked the doors locked and she jumped into the flowing mob. The glass on the front of the building had it's company's logo etched into it. As she slowly walked over to the lady's room to gather her nerves together, she double checked her disguise. Her shirt was overly baggy and her pants cinched tight while her hat flowed over her eyes just enough to blend in. From her research she found that the guest waiting room had different rooms where people were sometimes caught hanging out there all day freeloading. It also revealed that these people were seldom caught to the influx of activity that occurred their daily. Sally strolled over to one of the rooms where she could wait patiently until her target made it's appearance. Now that she knew what Hill looked like she could accidentally bump into her to strike up conversation. Of course if she was noticed she could always use her back up excuse of doing a new report which was a half truth anyway. As sally made herself comfortable in the lush brown couch with streamlined angles that could pierce skin she reached over for some material to read. Another way for her to hide everything, but her eyes. She picked through the zines to find something more suitable to how she looked. There were only a few to select from. One about Popular tones, while the rest contained the latest and greatest You Read It Now short stories. She picked the short stories up to see if she could read something by Hill. Another great way to learn the psyche of the person being currently investigated. The zine hid her face just enough as her eyes took on the images and stories from the page. A man begins to walk across the lobby. Tall and striking by her account. He catches her eye as he walks to the secretary's desk. They talk for a brief amount of time. Hes overly excited and pleading with the lady to make a call. Finally after a few minutes of pathetic begs she gives in and proceeds to pick up the TeleChanal. She let's it buzz 3 times and leaves a message. As she coldly presses the swirled body back into it's holder he thanks her repeatedly. He turns to walk back out the door until the wind blows his hat to the floor toward Sally. She continues her act by casually turning the pages, pretending to read, as he looks up at her to apologize and scatters off through the walkway. Sally continues staring toward the man. Her frozen face of bewilderment plastered across it. Sally wasn't the only one searching for something, but what would Sam be looking for? And what did it have to do with this company? Could he be looking for Hill too? she thought to herself excitedly. The mystery was getting deeper and she was becoming more and more wrapped by it's allure.

Searching for the Soul

His room had been wrecked forever. He liked it that way. It was somehow comforting. Below the surface of chaos that lie around his room, smothering his floor, and bringing suffocation to be it's only appearance was a clarity. He knew every stick of it. All the thrown about papers which spread across the room, different visi-motions stacked in the corner, and the containers of food that seemed to grow from the furniture. The appearance was just that. An appearance of confusing disoriented dispersion of artifacts. Each meaningful in it's own right to him. Kindred Lor had been visiting him on and off through dreams, but now it seemed to be speaking to him during his waking life. As if a grandfather he never had the voice continued to share visions of what he explained came from Sam's inner soul. This wasn't anything Sam really believed in, but to be a good journalist you had to follow all leads no matter how empty it appeared. Going against his earlier disbeliefs and rationale Sam began to write down each seemingly random event that created a direct connection to his own life. It was an experiment with the unknown guided by a voice that he met in his dream. A man by the name of Tau had been called in to the local jurisdiction of impossible possibilities. This was Sam's territory. Although he enjoyed investigating any report he could get his hands on, there was a deep yearning to follow those reports that other's couldn't crack to find the truth. Sam enjoyed more than anything to solve impossible cases. It gave him a feeling of accomplishment. As if he was achieving something for more than just the world he lived in, for something maybe even beyond time and space itself. This was the allure that carried him off toward each impossible story. This is why he automatically responded to Sally with belief about the book Written in the Stars. There was no way of knowing this was the cause for such actions, but Kindred Lor was settling this invisible dispute. Once and for all.
The report was about a man who worked at a famous publishing company. He was reported as having an attitude that brought opposition from his co-workers. The report went into detail about this man's only achievements and how his recent announcement was ridiculed by the top selling publishing companies of this time. The company responded to the announcement with it's own curious announcement as quoted in the Ready For Real cover story "The recent announcement made by our contracted employee has no direct affiliation toward the company. Given that said employee has a contract that can not be prematurely liquidated we have to continue our services, but we reject any connection to the company's world vision for the publishing industry and stand by our original goal toward bringing books to people throughout the world with the simple reason being to inspire and create a new space of entertainment to transform the world. Given the circumstances we stand as a company proud of all accomplishments and offer a discount to any of our dedicated followers so that they can be reminded of our stable integrity."
The cover story did a great job taking the attention away from the recent announcement their employee had recently created chaos with. Their employer's name was Tau and he had quietly made a public statement to his loyal fans in the Hippie movement. His statement had caused a wave of excitement through the community believing quote "All of the work that the FAWS had begun is now proven through the mainstream publishing acceptance by the company's only stellar author. He is a shining star among the darkness that clouds true thinking, true imagination, and true soul seeking. Tau will be honored with his courage to go against the grain and we will help to make his most recent decision as smooth as we can by our support and through our collective communities endeavors. Tau we thank you for believing and trusting what has been said to be Written in the Stars!"

As Sam skimmed through the story, the only thing he couldn't find was the actual announcement by the man named Tau. There were comment after comment of people from the Hippie movement, followers of the publishing company, believers that the whole thing was publicity stunt created by the said company, and then the skeptics filling highlighted amount of supposed evidence to confirm their own E.G.O.'s suspicion. Sam continued to search through the various papers for some kind of lead. He began to watch all the recent visi-motions to find traces of Tau's statement. Sam threw on his clothes that dangled off the various pieces of furniture grabbing his keys without knowing where to go now, but out. He decided to see if Kindred Lor really was around to help.
"Kindred where am I going? I can't find any leads and there doesn't seem to be anything, but responses and comments about the said announcement. What am I supposed to do with that?" as he finished his question a song began to play through his ears from the player he was listening to. "To the stars, the company and the bars, you'll find what you're looking for if she doesn't before you. You know the way it's waiting quietly for you to follow. Will you follow the lead or the endless greed? He's not the one you can't find. He's the one who can't find you. Look no further. Look no farther. Look instead to the stars and hear the sound calling you forth. I'll follow you..." he turned the song partially out of fear and partially out of excitement. Sam knew it was impossible, but it happened and as he believed all leads should be considered a possible lead until it's deemed otherwise, he rushed to the door. Sam jumped into the vehicle, tuned in the player, looked up at the stars, and followed what he felt was the answer. He spoke aloud to himself as he brought the vehicle to life "This is madness!".

The memories were fresh and the leads seemed to flow toward the company. The lady behind the counter couldn't reach him and hope quickly dissolved before you had it's grip. The girl where the hat landed felt familiar, but not enough for Sam to place her. As he darted out of the building a presumptuous suspicion continued to lurk behind his current feeling of who she was. As he got into the sleek edged vehicle, it's body glowing under the solar rays boring downward to become reflecting traces of it's color, he asked again outloud "Kindred you seem to like to play games. I'm not interested in rhymes and riddles, I need clear direction with where to find my leads. What am I supposed to do now? I followed your ditty and it led me nowhere. I'm as confused as I was when I started this investigation."