Pursuit Games

Floundering in the wind the pages hissed out toward the driver. The stack of pages in her folder was starting to get heavier than she previously anticipated. Mostly it was all her own doing. Notes she had been secretly gathering when off the clock. She couldn't turn off the investigative nature that took over her mind time and time again. The Fancy Tragedies was an epic story by some peoples accounts. A true coming of mid age crisis tale. These days people read anything that had a gimmick and a sexy interlude. Fancy Tragedies held it's 1# position on the Read it Yesterday list for a full year. Most books were shoved off the title platform after a month these days. Ironically there weren't any reviews of the book that she herself participated in and for the first time she would be joining the Council of Readership in association with the Professional Awareness Company. Also known as the PAC which many people mistook it to mean People Always Climb. This outraged millions of professional rock climbers because of the company's "Outward move to take over the climbers greatest achievement, next to making it all the way to the top. There was no worse action a company could take when it came to rockism and we won't stand idly by with their attempts to bring all of us rock lovers into a hatred pitfall of rocks." Since there was so much confusion with the abbreviated name for the company they quickly changed it, only making their company sound that much more annoying and unprofessional. The PAC, I'm sorry I mean the Professional Awareness Company would be doing an interview and a shared review of this newly published "Epic". All of this unbeknownst to the public was the company's way of using their secret weapon on the reader him or herself. The review was programmed to captivate readers to have a want to finish it within the first 3 days. A technique that was not so knew, but quickly becoming overused with it's frequent usage in current book advertising. The technique originally was devised and designed to not only stimulate in all the public the need to read books, but to also make them a participatory element of the technique itself. Said person would read the book and exacerbate the need or want to do normal societal things like fish for bluekon or race planes down the stair sand. Once they were able to eliminate that urge the need to read would thus be implanted into the readers mind permanently making it the only thing besides eating, sleeping, working, & the occasional exercise a person would need to do. As the technique design became thoroughly modified through the years the company's saw it as something of value. Which now currently is used in the market to capture readers from all ages. In the review, the Fancy Tragedies author goes on to briefly mention a compelling account of experiencing the tragedy as if it was a part of her own life. "The story I wrote about was based on an experience I had growing up. When I first started writing Fancy Tragedies I wondered about the different things that people go through that make them weak in life. I remember turning on a light to start writing down some ideas. Straightaway a shadow seemed to show up across from where I sat. It wasn't my own. I could tell by the shape and there was no light on behind me. I was the only one in the room. My cat Humphrey was laying down in the other room on top of the bed where I left her. I tried dismissing that anything was there and continued to write. As I continued the shadow seemed to get larger. I couldn't understand what was happening so I ignored it. That's when a memory came to mind. I was young and the clouds were dark. I was riding my bike home from school, but the darkness was creeping in more and more. There was no doubt that the sky was going to be swallowed by darkness at any minute. The solar was just about to set. I rushed as fast as I could with my fragile little legs pedaling for dear life. I mean when you are 7 this kind of thing scares you. So as I remembered the fear that raced through my body on that occasion I quickly began to write down the first draft of Fancy Tragedies. There are a combination of events that happened to me in which I explored even further with the story. The story is really a canvas I used to paint a picture with that fear. A fear that thanks to the stars the shadow in my very apartment triggered in me. You know after that memory came back to me is when the story really found it's voice. I can't really say that I wrote any of it honestly. The fear took over and penned it's own identity onto the pages. I'm just excited that I was able to be apart of it. And don't worry about the shadow I thought I saw. It actually turned out to be my own. It turns out that I am human, because there was a light on behind me. One I didn't remember turning on, but when you get my age these things happen. It's just great to know that other people can share in my experience with my own fears. My hope with this book is that other people will explore there own fears and allow them to speak for themselves. This book is thus the outcome in which all the authors I read through my life thrilled me to write. It seems to be the way of the world. Otherwise how could we continue to thrill readers generation to generation? We must pass the darkness from generation to generation. This is really my only goal with this book. Is to get other people to share their fears openly. I like to look at myself as a catalyst for fear loving. It doesn't have to be something we overcome. Rather it could be something much more interesting. Instead of us harnessing the fear we could allow the fear to harness us. The truth is so much more when it's twisted don't you think?

The review wasn't important to Sally. The one thing that caught her attention was the author's name. "Hill" The name struck her the instant she saw it. Those few hours scouring the grid for leads that could put her a few steps closer to the book. A newly formed obsession that occurred directly after she saw the girl in the vision. It was more real than she could ever describe. The kinship she felt for the girl was so overpowering that if she would stop looking for this lost soul she might feel the loss of not only this girl, but even herself. This was the name that stood out the most from everything she researched. The blog was as clear in her mind as if she was looking directly at it as she drove. This Hill was Sally's new person of interest. Her work was Sally's fresh destination. She had to be the one that worked with the man in the blog. She had to be the one speaking out against the recent office behavior. Sally was about to find out that he was one among many mysteries along her journey that were about to unfold. The closer she would get, the further she would feel she was, to finding the little girl. But she would be more persevering than one might have expected. The mysteries, it seemed were just as persevering with it's approach toward Sally as well.