Intro

(Levi's POV)

We've been on a hunt for over a week now, but we still don't have any leads. People have been getting attacked out in the Comanche National Grasslands, and a few of them never turned up. Hanji and I have a few speculation on what could be happening, but nothing solid enough to merit marching into the desert.

"Levi? Are you spacing out again? That isn't a good habit to have in our line of business." My annoying partner Hanji whined. Even though I hated being around her; I still knew that without her I probably wouldn't be around.

"Did you learn anything new?" I asked her, ignoring what she just said.

"Nope. Maybe we should just go out there and prepare for everything we can." Hanji suggested. Has she completely lost her mind?

"You know we can't just rush into things without an idea of what we are going to be up against."

"But we do have a few ideas on what it is. We can just go by that and get this over with. I'm sick of this place."

"Not until we get more clues." I was not going to let her boredom get us killed.

"Levi, please. I'm begging you!"

"Just get back to work." I told her, hoping to end this pointless conversation.

"Just think about all the people who are being put into danger because we aren't doing anything Levi." Damn it. She knew that would get my attention. The only reason I keep on doing this is to save people; not for the glory, but to know that I have saved someone's life.

I let out a groan before looking to her. Hanji's glasses had almost completely fallen off of her face and she looked as exhausted as I felt. "What have we narrowed it down to?"

"Okay so far we have narrowed it down to either being a werewolf or a windigo. Whatever it is, it likes tearing apart it's victims because a lot of them only pieces were found." Yet she still wants to rush into things. We could end up found in pieces if we mess up. Especially if we are going up against a windigo.

"Well we better start packing." I said and closed the book I was reading.

(Eren's POV)

"I can't believe you two dragged me into this." Tonight we are going to be staying in a hotel, but for the next week we are going to be camping and hiking through some Comanche grassland place.

"Eren, just think, this is better than summer school." Mikasa told me.

"I beg to differ, we could be attacked by coyotes or bears!" I pointed out to my unconvinced friends.

"Eren, coyotes are scavengers and don't like fighting other animals unless they are threatening them and the only type of bear found in Colorado is the black bear, but it still would be rare to even see a black bear where we are going. It's mainly going to be desert, and that's not the best habitat for a bear like that." Armin started speaking with his abundant knowledge basically making any of my arguments invalid, but thankfully I had done my research.

"Even so there have been a lot of people going missing while camping there." I showed them the papers I had printed off just for this.

"Eren, hikers go missing all of the time, and most of the time they just get lost. We are going to be staying on the trails though so there is no chance of us getting lost." Armin refuted. I could tell that no matter how much arguing we did my friends were not going to change their minds. We were already just a few miles away anyways so I guess it was a little late for me to try and convince them otherwise.

"We should get some sleep, we are going to be doing a lot of hiking tomorrow." Mikasa said. It was almost midnight so all of us were a little tired already. I just hope that this trip will be better than what I think it will.

"Goodnight Eren, don't let the spiders bite." Armin said just before we all fell asleep. Mikasa started laughing and I threw a pillow at both of them. They know I am scared of spiders. Now that I don't have any pillows it's going to be hard to sleep.

"I hate you guys." I said half heartedly. They're cruel but they are still my best friends.

"You know you love us." Mikasa sassed.

"Everyone shut up and go to sleep!" Armin yelled; causing us all to burst out laughing. Slowly, we all started falling asleep.