48: Red Or Blue

Jun's POV

I suddenly felt something weird twist in my stomach and snapped my head over from all the play and wrestling to look for Rika. 

When I didn't find her, my heart completely dropped. My heart was beating faster in anxiety— this was the same feeling I had before I found Rika lying unconscious and bleeding in the pub the other time. Where was that girl? She could've told me before she left to do anything. 

"Mingyu," I called without turning around, my eyes searching the whole restaurant for Rika, "Kim Mingyu!" I called louder as I hit is leg behind me to get his attention. 

"Hyung, bwoh?" he wriggled away from the boys playing and looked at me curiously.

"Have you seen Rika?" I asked, and I could almost hear my heart beat loudly in anxiousness.

"Yah hyung...She probably just went to the toilet or something. She's not even your girlfriend. Why are you so overprotective?" Mingyu shook his hair that was falling into his face away and gave me a judgemental look. 

I stared back into his eyes and bit my lip. Was I just over-worrying about it because of what happened last time? She could've just gone to the toilet right? I tried to breath and calm my heart but for some reason it was behaving erratically. 

Mingyu just gave me an exasperated look then turned around, yelling at everyone for attention. "Have any of you seen where Rika went?" 

The group paused in their scuffle and play and loud jokes and turned to look at the two of us in confusion. 

"Eh?" Ae Ri looked around, "Where did she go?" 

"Aigoo, you're not her parents. She's old enough to take care of herself. Maybe she went out for some air or went to the bathroom" J-Hope sunbae laughed. 

I looked down into my lap frowning then looked up again. I could just be over-reacting, right? 

"Uhm," Kimmy raises her voice slightly, "I could go check out if she's in the toilets if you guys are really worried?" She looks at me concernedly. Was my face making it that obvious? 

Jungkook nodded at her appreciatively and Kimmy stood up to make her way to the restrooms. Everyone went back to eating all of a sudden, the whole playful atmosphere dampened down. Suddenly I felt bad for ruining the atmosphere, but I really wasn't feeling good about it. 

I stared at my watch until Kimmy came back and I looked at her in question.

"She's not there," Kimmy shook her head, "Maybe she went to get some fresh air or to take a break from our craziness?" 

I bit my lip harder. She would've at least told someone if she was going out, right? I knew for a fact she was a lot more sociable and talkative now that she'd moved to Bighit. Before, I'd believe if she just made her way out alone, but now...Or did she suddenly feel lonely again, fading back into the shadows like she always used to? 

"Oh wait!" Ae Ri laughed suddenly, "I remember Rika said she wanted to go visit her eomma, maybe she left first?" 

I shook my head fervently. "She wouldn't have just left her jacket here if she was visiting her eomma, and she should've told someone."