22: Songbird

Rika's POV

"Jackson!" a distant voice outside of the bubble now forming around me from being drugged shouts angrily, "All she said was blood. You can hit her, cut her...Why did you do that, HUH?"

All I see is Jackson giving whoever yelled- Mark, it must be, an uncaring stare before he backed off and folded his arms, and the tight grip around my arms also ease off. Somehow, the ropes around my arms are untied now, and my hand flies to the running cut down my arm, and I turn painfully to the side, curling up and shivering.

I'm having trouble breathing, and my breath is now shallow, panicky.

"You guys just stop. I'm taking over." Mark instructed.

"Kay" the other two answered boredly.

At this point I can hardly care anymore.

A weight shifts on the bed and I open my eyes to see Mark, and all that's left in me can do is to stare at him back with hatred and fury in my eyes. He flicks a handknife open, probably the same one that was used to cut my arm, and lifts my other arm. I expect to see the same, insane look in his eyes, the same ones Hyorin always has when she does something like that to me, but all I can see is a pained look etching across his young face.

"All she wants its blood," he announced to no one in particular. The knife is raised to my unbloodied arm, and I wait for the pain, the searing tear of skin, but nothing comes despite the fresh blood I see flowing. I focus my eyes tiredly, only to gulp in shock when I see that this Mark, he had cut an arm with that handknife, except...

Except it wasn't my arm.

It was his.

________________________

It felt like hours had passed while Mark bent there over me, while I was almost relinquishing my conscience to the drug taking effect on me, but I refused to, while the fear seemed . I refused to sleep. After what Jackson had tried to do, I wouldn't know what could happen to me if I fell mercy to the drug, despite what Mark had just done for me.

Why? I had no idea.

Suddenly a sarcastic voice cut into the now quiet room and awakened my dampened focus on the world around me.

"Don't you sing for Hyorin too? Aren't you her little songbird?" Jackson laughs cruelly.

"If you sing for us we might let you go," 'Bam' taunted from the other corner of the room.

"No way in hell I would ever use my voice for such disgusting people like you," I mumbled under my breath weakly.

"What the hell did you just call us?" Jackson yelled and came closer to me angrily. He seems like the most easily angered one, and I was happy enough it was him I angered. I could never forgive him for what he just did to me.

"Disgusting people," I laughed weakly, still lying on my side on the bed with Mark hovering around my side for no apparent reason, "Don't you find the things you do disgusting?"