43: Kill Me First

"You guys have to kill me first if you want to vote for Han Hyorin in the solo performances." Jun glared at the bottle of water in front of him with a slice of lemon floating on the top in a flimsy attempt to recreate the drink he was so used to for practice and dancing. He pulled away the chair from the table and sat down noisily, angry over the fact that Han Hyorin had changed her plan last minute on stage and decided to put herself splat in the middle of the Performance team's dance break.

And she couldn't dance, that brat. She stuck out like a sore thumb in the middle of the Dino, Hoshi, The8, and Jun's dance, confused looks being exchanged between the boys and causing the whole performance to seem out of sync. 

"Kill me along with Jun," Minghao gritted angrily as he rubbed his ankle from the stumble of his martial arts trick caused by Han Hyorin, to which most of the boys kept quiet since Minghao was normally easy going and hardly angered. This was too much though. 

"Me too," Dino raised his hand innocently.

"I'm in," Hoshi pursed his lips frustratedly, which was fair enough for the boys from Performance team, since they hardly ever got centre stage in MVs, or performances, except when they had their own dance break. Hoshi had put in a lot of effort choreographing it, and Han Hyorin just had to ruin it.

She always ruined things. 

"Yah yah, performance team. I don't need to lose four of our most charismatic members in a kamikaze," Seungcheol grimaced, "We can always do something about it."

"Like what?" Joshua asks gently, "I'm not saying I want to vote for Han Hyorin, but you know that this was requested by sajangnim and this concerns our group, hyung?" 

The boys kept quiet at this, the mood boiling with frustration and anxiousness. 

"Well its not like she'll win even if we vote for her, so why even bother vote for her?" Mingyu sighed.

"Yedeul-ah, you know that Hyorin probably will do something reaaaally bad to our group if we don't vote for her right? Not that she'll win anyway." Jeonghan adds calmly.

"Win or not, this isn't fair!" Seungkwan grumbled, "It's meant to be a fair competition based on talents."

"Yea, I want to vote for Rika noona!" Dino huffed.

"Not even," Vernon rolled his eyes, "I don't care who we vote for, as long as we vote based on talents, which may well be Rika anyway. Just...not Han Hyorin. Please?" 

"I really..." Seungcheol ruffles his hair frustratedly, not sure of what decision to make and having a burden of bearing the consequences for his dongsaeng, yet at the same time knowing it wasn't right to have a pre-decided vote for Hyorin— Hyorin especially.

"Guys? I've got an idea," Jun suddenly pipes up from his chair, the moody air suddenly dissipated and his eyes bright with mischievousness. 

"Well?" Woozi raises an eyebrow and grins.