38: Square One

"Cause every time you smile, I'll smile, And every time you shine, I'll shine for you."

-Taylor Swift, "Jump and Fall"

~One month later~

Rika's POV

"And 1, and 2, and 3, and stop."

La Hee unnie clapped, her eyes smiling so much I almost couldn't see them apart from her mascara anymore.

This was it, the last practice with Bangtan. I had already run through my solo stage a million times before this morning and the whole month before.

We have our rehearsal in 2 hours, then our final performance tonight.

Tonight.

My heart is already so hard thumping in anticipation. The first performance of my life, ever.

.

.

.

I stood up from the seat and tugged at my tight fitting white top uncomfortably, brushed a hand trying to smudge the lilac coloured lipstick on my lips, and also pulled down my red high waisted shorts a little.

"Pfft," Ae Ri snorted, laughing at my pulling of my shorts as she walked into my room, herself ready and make up done too.

"Hey," I grinned at her, "I have a wedgie from these shorts alright?"

"You look beautiful, by the way," I added, eyeing her lilac one piece cotton playsuit that was striped with black that accentuated her purple hair. Her makeup also looked really comfortable and playful, very Ae Ri-like.

Me on the other hand, I didn't quite feel like me, but I suppose this was how the life of an idol was sometimes. My hair was also curling in waves around me, but that was okay. My mike was also taped to my skin from the back.

"You look amazing too," she complimented, "Very different from your normal style, but still amazing."

"I just hope we'll do well on stage," I smiled.

"You know we're competing against each other right?" she pursed her lips together seriously.

"I know, but no hard feelings, right?"

"Heh~" she flipped her short hair dramatically but then smiled cutely, "Nah, you know I enjoy my life like this, not competitive and fun, Rika-chan. I'll be the happiest if my best friend won."

"Best friend? Who said I was your best friend?" I laughed, tackling and hugging her.

"My hair my hair!" she squealed.

"It's literally impossible to mess up your hair, miss Ae Ri-ssi." I chuckled.

We stepped out into the waiting area for nervously- well, the nervous one was me, really. Ae Ri was nothing but excited, jumping into weird corners and pointing out the weirdest things to me, like the one lightbulb above that wasn't working. Totally Taehyung style. I'm proud to admit I'm a whole hearted TaeRi shipper.

"Jason! Myungwoo-yah!" Ae Ri yelled across the hall and I had to cover her mouth when everyone stopped to stare.