42: Mansae

Rika's POV

I was jumping and engulfed in a sweaty group hug with Bangtan when the sight of someone suddenly dampened my excitement. 

Han Hyorin? 

Was she a stalker or something? Why did she have to appear everywhere I was?

Funny thing was, all she did was roll her eyes at me and shove me with her shoulder as she walked past me. 

Ignore her. Why let her ruin every moment of my life? She's ruined enough. 

I turned around after being shoved by her shaking my head. I won't let anything dampen the happiness I feel from my very first performance. Besides, there's still the solo performance competition to worry about. I want to do well on that.

As I turned my head, my eyes caught sight of a large group of boys making their way towards us, and in particular, I found myself smiling as my eyes travelled towards those boys so familiar to me, despite the events from before. 

"Rika!" I heard Jeonghan smile as he made his way towards me, the rest of them in tow. 

"Noona," Dino smiled at me, he'd grown so tall since we last me, "You look so much better now. I've been watching all your videos!" 

I chuckled a little, the embarrassment from before fading with their heartwarming greetings, almost as though they hardly registered the event from before in their minds. 

"Kumawo guys," I smiled, but my eyes were also distracted, searching their group for someone. 

_________________________

Jun's POV

Rika's eyes were darting around distractedly. Who was she waiting for? 

Perhaps Jungkook? They seemed pretty close, which I was thankful for— Bighit was taking care of Rika well.

I just wished that maybe I was the one watching over her. 

Isn't it weird though? Even after not seeing her for so long, its just like...everything has changed, yet nothing has changed. She's beautiful now, strong, happy, known to the world; I'm still me, brown haired, dancing and having fun with my Seventeen brothers; nothing has changed between us— I don't know her any more or less than we did ages ago; everything doesn't feel right ever since she left Pledis— the days pass by like a blur and the events don't seem to register in my mind; I felt like I hadn't really lived my life in the present until this moment seeing her again; I don't really even know her that well— only helped her once or twice, watched her from afar all too many times. 

Just..what is wrong with you Wen JunHui?

I can't help but stare at her in her performance gear, her cheeks blushing crimson from the dancing, her chestnut hair still in that ponytail, the tendrils by her cheeks soaked with sweat, her eyes bright with life and freedom, her breath still heavy and despite so far away from me, almost as though I could hear her heart beat by my ears.

Out of the blue our eyes meet and her eyes stop searching. I don't quite know what to do, how to react, but a smile directed at me graces her features so easily and freely, I suddenly think back to the time I found and hid her away from the boys in her room at Pledis, my fingers reaching out to smooth apart her frowning eyebrows. 

Is it bad that I wish I could still do that for you, Rika?

I can't help my own body from moving towards her, the people around us blurring into a sea of faces. 

I just need to move closer.

I just need to touch her, to make sure that this is reality.

I just need to get closer, and I know that moment is all that I need to bring me back from this dreamlike state I've been in.

I just need to-

Rika-

Just...

Do you feel this too? Or has it been easy for you, moving away from us, from the crappy place you were trapped in, from me? 

Was it easy moving away?

Did you ever...think about me? 

.

.

.

A giant figure suddenly moves in front of me and engulfs Rika in a brief hug, breaking our eye contact, and something wrenches away a feeling from my heart leaving me confused and so empty. I watch as her face remains with the same joyous smile and laughter, chatting animatedly, but my ears block the noise out.

My questions left unanswered. 

As though the flood of emotions I had felt no longer was what I thought was a mutual feeling we shared— as though it was just me feeling all those emotions stupidly. Had I mistaken everything?

Who was that anyway? 

I leant my head to the side.

Mingyu.

W-what?

Mingyu...?

.

.

.

"Seventeen, you boys and Han Hyorin are up in 3,2,1." 

Ugh. Han Hyorin.

She was part of the reason why Rika chose to leave Pledis. She was part of the reason why Rika left me.

Why does no one seem to care about what that girl does to anyone? 

Am I the only crazy one?

____________________

"Sorry guys...I'm back though! I'll try to do another barrage of updates until I throw you guys what I've been calling the "bomb". Yes, I have something coming up....

Something... </3

I know this was short, I'm gonna work on the next one and probably update tonight okay ^_^

Sometimes I feel like I'm being overly emotional in my paragraphs from each person's views...I'm trying to develop the emotion but idk if I'm being too draggy...Someone let me know?

Love you all my Wildflowers,

Rina Yumi"