💎Chapter Twenty One💎

Start from the beginning

She looked at me and smiled, "What are you doing?"

I smirked back at her, "Whatever your doing"

"So it seems"

The song Can't help falling in love by Haley Reinhart played at soft volume. Mia closed her eyes and began to sing along, sounding slightly better than the original singer. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Her voice sent chills throughout my entire body and suddenly I felt compelled to sing along with her.

The look of pure shock fell across her face as her eyes flew open and stared into mine. Only Damon and my mother knew I could sing. It's not that it's a secret, it's just not something I feel the entire world should know about me.. but singing with Mia and listening to our voices harmonize together felt.. I don't know.. right, I guess..

"You're voice.." She searched for the right words, "Is amazing.. I had no idea"

"Nobody does.. Except Damon and mother. Damon can sing too. My mother used to make us sing for her all the time" I confessed. "My voice is nothing compared to yours though.. You're beyond words"

She blushed and stared up at the ceiling, "It's something I used to feel very passionate about. Singing, the piano, guitar and violin use to be my life"

Use to be? I wondered to myself.

"What happened? Why don't you play and sing anymore?"

Her face became red and she sighed. I then realized that maybe her brothers death might've had something to do with it, and instantly felt like an ass hole. "Never mind. Forget I asked"

A moment or two later she spoke up "It was one of the many thing's that Spinner and I loved to do together. Music at the top of the list" she paused. "So when he died.. So did my passion for music"

"If you don't mind me asking.. How did he pass away?"

Maybe now's not the perfect time to ask her that but.. with situations like this.. there's never a right time.

She took a deep breath and released it. "Remember the video I watched on his camera that day we were packing his room?" I nodded. How could I forget? "That was our last day together. He died that same day.. It was a night just like any other. Spinner and I went to that Turkey Hill on Main street to get some snacks and to get a movie from the Redbox. Some Asian looking guy in all black held Spinner and I up at gun point. The guy wanted our money and our snacks. Spin tried to talk calmly to the guy and asked him to let me go and he'd give him anything he wanted. The guy was obviously crazy. I went to reach for my wallet to give it to him and before I knew it.. gun shots were fired. Spin jumped in front of me.. and was shot.. Not once, but five times.. Five times.. He died in my arms. I can still hear the gun shots.. I can still smell his blood.. I still remember how his blood felt as it drenched my shirt and pants.. I can still remember how it felt to hold my brother's dead body in my arms.. That sound, that smell, that feeling.. Is forever imprinted in my head.. always haunting and taunting me.."

I could hear the deep sadness in her voice as she spoke and a few sad tears ran softly down her face as she just relived her greatest nightmare. I could just feel her pain radiating off of her.

A few moments past before I thought it was okay to speak. "I'm sorry" I grabbed her hand and held it tightly.

She wiped her tears away and sighed. "I wish I could say it's okay.. but it's not. These have been the scariest, loneliest, most stressful 3 years of my life.." She looked me in the eyes. "Meeting you and the guys and becoming friends has to be one of the best things that's happened to me in a while.."

Is she serious?

"You remind me so much of Spinner sometimes. So I can't helped but think that meeting you had something to do with my big brother looking out for me.." She confessed.

"You really believe in that kind of stuff? Fate?" I asked surprised.

"Are you kidding? Of course.. Don't you?"

"I don't know.. I mean, does heaven or hell really exist?"

"I believe it does. I mean, there has to be someplace peaceful that we go to after our time is up here" she said.

"I guess everyone needs something to believe in"

"I believe in you" she barley whispered.

Her words made my heart skip a beat. She has no idea how special she really is..

I lightly caressed her chin with my thumb and stared into her eyes.

"I believe in you to"

I don't know, maybe she's right.. Maybe fate is a real thing..

           🔹️〰️🔹️〰️🔹️〰️🔹️〰️🔹️