Chapter 15: Revelation

Start from the beginning

            Taking a seat as professor Quent shut the door; Alex glanced about the small office he now found himself in. The walls were paneled in wood, the desk and furniture of a darker stain then the walls were. Several diplomas and certificates lined the wall behind the large desk that Alex’s chair faced while three framed pictures on top were turned away from him         .

            “I must say I found your essay to be quite…interesting,” the professor began as he took his own seat behind the desk.

            “Thank you sir,” Alex replied, trying to keep from grinning. Tania owes me, he thought triumphantly. Now all I have to do is sit through the ‘you show real potential’ speech and I’m free.

            “The viewpoint was quite unique and had a lot of evidence backing it up. However,” Here Quent’s tone went from friendly to hard. “When I checked up on your sources I couldn’t find the articles in the issues of the magazines you referenced.”

            Alex was surprised. He…Oh hell. Tania was right. How to get out of this… “Maybe you had the edited version? Sometimes they re-issue them.”
            The older man gave him a severe look. “Don’t try and make excuses. I have heard every kind of reason and excuse from every other student who’s tried to pull this. I don’t know how you thought you were going to get away with making up information.”

            The vampire stiffened. “The information is correct even if the sourcing isn’t.”

            “Oh really? And what source did you acquire it from then?”

            Guess I have no choice. Oh well. It might be for the best. “Myself.”

            “And how is that not you making it up?”

            “It’s from what I remember. From what I saw.”

            Professor Quent raised an eyebrow. “You honestly expect me to believe that you were alive during the seventeenth century? If you’re going to lie at least make it believable, boy.”
            Alex smirked. “It’s no lie. I was born fifteen twenty-eight. I was bitten fifteen fifty-one.”

            “Bitten?” Quent asked, beginning to wonder about his student’s sanity.

            “I’m a vampire. Want to see?”

            Before either of them could move the door slammed open and Tania stalked in. “Out. Now,” She ordered Alex.

            “Oh come on. How else was I supposed to explain things so…”

            “I don’t care about that but don’t think I’ve forgotten how you explained things to me. Having someone singing ‘fangs go in, fangs go out,’ is not exactly a comfortable way to be exposed to it. Now you wait outside and I’ll explain things. When I need you I’ll call for you.”

            “You’re going to explain? You, who’s known for four months?”

            “It’s better then letting you do it, now out,” Tania snapped pointing to the door.

            Grumbling, Alex left, leaving Tania alone with a very confused professor. “I’m sorry about him, you’d think he’d have learned how not to traumatize people after nearly five hundred years but no,” Tania made sure she said this loud enough for Alex to hear. “You’d better sit, this is going to take a bit of explaining.”
            Professor Quent sat and Tania took Alex’s seat. “Well to start at the beginning, or as much of the beginning as I know, Alexander is a vampire. I’ll have him show you his fangs afterwards. If what he says is true he’s almost five hundred years old. Nor is he the only vampire alive. I personally know two others but I know there are a lot of others. Ummm… well Alexander doesn’t bite people though some vamps do. But it’s against the rules to bite someone against their will. Uh, well obviously they can come out in the day. Garlic doesn’t bother them and neither do crosses. Trust me on that last one. I tried it. So yeah, most vampires are stronger and faster then a normal human. Oh and they get stronger the older they are. Ummm…so any questions?” Tania asked as she ran out of things she could think of to tell him.