Chapter 15: Revelation

“I’m sorry but I’ve got to talk to one of my profs about my last essay. Do you mind waiting?” Alex asked.

            Tania shook her head. “No problem. What do you want to talk to him about?”

            The vampire made a face. “I don’t. He asked to see me.”

            “Someone’s in trouble,” Tania chanted in a singsong voice.

            Alex rolled his eyes. “I highly doubt it.”

            “Nope. You’re in trouble and you know it. Bet you he actually checked the sources you used,” The girl replied as the pair made their way across campus.

            “I told you no prof has the time for that.”

            “Fine but if I’m right you owe me.”

            “Alright. If you’re right I’ll owe you a favour.”

            Tania grinned. “I’m going to win.”

            “Nope I am. And if I’m right you owe me a favour.”

            “I never agreed to that.”
            “It’s a bet. If I’m betting a favour then you should be too.”

            “Fine but it’d better not be anything bad or I’ll hit you.”

            “See you know I’m going to win.”
            “No you’re not.”

            “Then you don’t need to worry about what favour I might ask of you.”

            “I’m just covering all my bases. Just in case by some slim possibility you manage to win this bet then I don’t want to have to do anything weird.”

            Alex stopped and looked at her. “I wouldn’t ask you to do anything you really didn’t want to do.”

            Tania blinked in surprise and then smiled. “I know that. I was just teasing. After all, you take great pains to constantly remind me that you’re a creature of pure undying evil so of course I have to suspect you.”

            The vampire laughed. “Alright then. Just making sure.”

            “So which prof are you going to see?” Tania asked as Alex held the door of the Humanities building open for her.

            “Professor Quent. He’s my teacher for Early Modern England.”

            “What kind of teacher is he?”

            “He’s alright. Does his best with the materials he has. Some of the stuff he tells us is completely wrong but I’m really the only person who knows it so it’s not his fault. He’s pretty interesting and seems like a decent guy.”

            “That’s good. My Art and Architecture prof regularly makes me want to cry she’s so boring. I spend most of the class sleeping.”

            Alex laughed. “Yeah there’s a lot of profs like that. You just learn to deal. Oh, here we are. I’ll be right out.”

            Tania grinned and made a shooing motion with her hands. Alex smiled back before knocking on the door. It was opened almost immediately by a greying man who was a few inches shorter and a great deal wider about the middle than Alex. “Ah, Mr. Donovan, please come in.” With a last wave to Tania, Alex entered the office.