Chapter Twelve

Skai Heda POV

The pain just kept coming.

I was beaten, and stabbed repeatedly for fifteen hours straight and the Queen had no intent on stopping any time soon, until someone had said that Lexa was on her way.

They must have spies all around, maybe even hidden in Ton DC or even Camp Jaha.

Lexa can't be here.

She could get hurt.

Or suffer by watching me die.

I try moving my arm, but a sharp pain courses through my veins.

A crackling laugh wanders through my cell and I see a glass window appear on one side of the room.

Someone scream my name and my attention turns to the window where I see Lexa trying to get out of the guards arms.

"Clarke! Someone is here to visit you!!" The queen appears next to her and begins to pet Lexa's hair.

A small hatch opens and a knife appears.

"We're going to put on a show for her Clarke." She smirks and then begins to laugh again. "Put up the knife Clarke and wait for further instructions."

I see one of the guards hold a knife up to Lexa's throat

She doesn't move or try to resist.

Me or her.

I could choose to kill her ultimately making me her second and the Queen would force me to give it up.

Or I could choose to kill myself. 

It would be pure pleasure for the queen seeing Lexa suffer.

I crawl putting as little pressure as possible on my already existent bruises and cuts.

When I finally make it to the knife I hold it twirling it around.

Here you have it Clarke, once again in a life or death situation.

"Now my favorite part." The queen laughs. "Bring the knife to you wrist."

I do as she says with very little hesitation.

You're doing this for Lexa. You're doing this to protect her. To assure her safety.

"Before I do this I want to assure the safety of Lexa." Although my voice is very quiet I can see LExa's eyes fill with fear. "Because you decline to offer and kill her, I'll just kill myself."

Graun Heda POV

She looked so sick.

Cut were all over her body which was once untouched.

Even the smallest nicks must be causing her pain.

She holds the knife to her wrist and beings to cut downward very slowly as the Queen had instructs.

She is clenching her fist trying to fight through the pain, but it was obvious that it was becoming too much for her.

All of the color from her face was beginning to drain and her cutting hand grew weak.

She switches hands and begins to cut the other wrist up.

Assuring the queens wishes of Clarke dead.

I hold back any type of scream.

She was so hurt.

And it hurt me.

Costia made me weak and I never regained my strength.

And the only thing that made this situation any better was that maybe, if Clarke was dead I could finally regain my strength.