Chapter Four

Graun Heda POV

She wasn't well. We had been sitting in the clinic for at least in hour waiting for a table to open up. Abby was currently in surgery with a grounder that had an arrow penetrated in his shoulder.

I had gotten many strange looks from the sky people as I entered the camp with Clarke dying in my arms. Like they suspected it was my doing. Bellamy was awestruck when Abby asked me to come back with Clarke instead of him.

When we arrived through the gates Abby had someone inform us that she was in an important surgery and asked only me to come back due to the overflow of patients from mount weather.

"Lexa." I looked up from Clarke and saw Abby. She had blood all over her shirt and pants and was holding a scalpel. "Bring her back, quickly"

I stood and picked her up, following Abby quickly. As we entered a small room I set her on the table gently trying not to hurt her more.

"What do you need me to do" I asked quietly, afraid I'll irritate or be a disruption. She comes over to me and hands me a pair of scissors.

"Cut her shirt, and take it off of her carefully" I nod my head and walk over to Clarke.

My hand was shaking as I did what Abby instructed and began to cut down her shirt. I revealed her toned body and bit my lower lip.

God please be okay, I wished.

I lifted Clarke a bit and Abby came over and removed her shirt completely.

"Turn her over so I can get a better look at the wound" I licked my lower lip and turned her over slowly. Abby looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. "She's not made of glass Lexa"

I once again nodded my head and stepped away from Clarke and allowed Abby to take a look at her. I watch her as she wipes the dried blood from the wound and pours alcohol directly into the wound.

I wince, thinking of the pain that she must be in. Abby thought nothing of it as she cleaned the wound.

"What can I do to help?" My voice is small. Abby turns to look at me and waves me over. I take a few steps and stand over Clarke.

"I need you to stand here and take her hand." She walks over to the furnace and places a needle into the fire. "The best help someone can give is being their for the victim."

I just stand there for a second, not focusing on anything else except for Clarke. I do as Abby asks and take her hand. It was cold and I could feel a dull pulse.

Abby walks back over and threads a string into the needle. She puts a pair of glasses on and shines a light directly on the wound. I feel my heartbeat speed up as she begins to do stitches on Clarke's back.

"She only need a few" I look over Clarke's body and see her chest rising and falling.

At least she isn't dead, I tell myself and squeeze her hand lightly.

"Alright last one" As she finishes I feel something in my hand moving.

I look down and Clarke's hand laced into mine. I bite down on my bottom lip, and Abby looks over.

"What's wrong?" I gulp down and shake my head.

"Nothing, I thought I felt something." Abby sets down the needle and nods her head.

"The berries you described to me may have caused Clarke to be paralyzed waist down due to the radiation. They are known as glockwood berries." Paralyzed because of a measly berry? "It also luckily didn't put her into a coma. It only forced her body to rest, she should be awake in a few hours."

I nod my head.

"When would we know if she was paralyzed?" I stroke my thumb over the top of her hand.

"As soon as she's awake I'll be able to test her nerve correspondence." I roll my lips into mouth and bite down. "Call me in when she wakes up, will you?"

And with that I'm in the room alone with Clarke.