Chapter Seven

Skai Heda POV

   My wounds was finally healed, and I was finally about to walk around. My mom insisted that I used crutches to get around, to ensure proper healing, and it would be a safeguard making sure I didn't do anything beyond my limits.

   Strict bedrest definitely had its limits. I couldn't get out of bed for three weeks, and there wasn't much to do for entertainment since I could hardly sit up. My mom checked my stitches everyday, Octavia and Raven came in everyday to tell me all the latest things that were going on, even Jasper came in to tell me jokes a couple times.

   Bellamy, on the other hand hadn't shown himself. Octavia had always been instructed to tell me that he had something to do, build new homes, hunt, train. All of the reasons seemed plausible, but he hadn't attempted to see me. Not once!

   "Now to make sure you don't have any nerve damage in your foot I'm going to take this pi-" Don't forget mom, you aren't the only doctor anymore. "Right..." She mumbles under her breath.

   She looks at me and then begins the process.

   I can't feel anything.

   She tries again and yet the same response. She has a nervous look on her face and then tries the other foot.

   I can only feel a slight tingle on my foot.

   She tries again, but my toes are irresponsive.

   "Clarke, I'm going to try the same thing I did with Raven." She moves and hovers the pin over my leg. "When you feel something tell me."

   She begins to prick me with the pin, but I don't feel a thing. She goes all the way up my leg and when she reaches the middle of my thigh I finally feel something.

   "Stop." She moves the pin lower on my leg and pricks it. "I can feel it, but not by much."

   She nods her head and moves onto my other leg. Right away I can feel something.

   "Your left leg shows significant nerve damage, give or take five weeks for it to get feeling back in it." She pokes my right leg. "As for your right leg, it is close to being fully healed. For now, I'll see if Wick and make another brace for you and scrounge up a pair of crutches."

   I nod my head and she exits without saying a word. What I'd give to see Lexa again, I miss her so much.

Graun Heda POV

   Three weeks! It's been three weeks and not a word from Octavia. She's come in and out of Ton DC to visit Lincoln, but every time I see her she says there is no new news.

   Sometimes I debate venturing all the way to their camp just to see how she is doing, but my people have grown suspicious as to why I've been visiting so often.

   Octavia enters my tent with a large smile on her face.

   "Do you have-" Octavia interrupts me.

   "She's better Lexa. Both of her legs have suffered nerve damage, and at the moment she can only feel one leg."

I would travel to their camp tonight and make sure that I arrived by dawn to see her smiling face.