Chapter Nine

Graun Heda POV~A few days later

Clarke had agreed to visit Ton DC with me for a couple of days to get away from things and discuss a treaty. I had betrayed her once before and I wasn't going to let it happen again.

Since I had only brought one horse and Octavia already left to see Lincoln we would have to share a horse but I don't think she minded. I pet the horses muzzle and wait for Clarke to join me at the horse.

I see Bellamy helping one of the arkers build a hut out sheets of metal and stakes which are being used as supporters. I hadn't seen him since I had arrived and Clarke mentioned that she hadn't either.

   They were like siblings and I was surprised to find out he had not seen her after the accident.

   Not far from Bellamy I see Clarke crunching her way over here with Rexa. The dog was running in between her feet and barking when Clarke was too far behind her.

   She was getting around with her brace and crutches just fine and Rexa was a good companion for her. They got along well and even though Clarke couldn't run around with her they seems to have a fun time together.

   Rexa sees me a few feet away and comes sprinting towards me. I start to laugh as she jumps into my arms. Her tail is wagging like crazy and she begins to like my face repeatedly. Clarke finally makes it too us and has to steady herself on my shoulder.

"Careful there Clarke, don't want anything else to be damaged." She rolls her eyes and kisses me on the cheek.

"You seem to have your hands full Lex." Rexa barks and both of us smile at her.

"Ready to go?" Clarke nods her head.

I set Rexa on the ground and she sits politely waiting to be picked back up. Clarke drops her crutches and I lift her up onto the horse, making sure she is secure before doing anything else.

"I'm going to hand you the dog, and put you crutches somewhere they will be safe. Hand on a just a moment Clarke." I lean down and pick up the dog carefully making sure not to harm her.

Clarke holds onto the reigns of the horse to make sure that she was seated properly to hold Rexa. I stand with the dog and hand her to Clarke. The dog whines when I leave her with Clarke, but we must return to Ton DC in a timely manner

Skai Heda POV ~The Next Day

   Lexa thought that spending time together meant that she would make war plans and I would sit and approve of them. Rexa brings me a small rubber ball and i toss it a couple feet away for her to go and catch it. She happily barks and trots like a horse to go and get it.

   "...In conclusion that's why we should search the mountain for survivors" I don't respond to her and instead focus my attention on the dog. "Clarke will you pay attention for one moment?" She turns to look at me and see's me playing fetch with the dog.

   "Lex, even if I tried to pay attention I could. I'd be focused on you." Her face turns bright red and sets down what she holding.

   "Is that so?" She walks over to Rexa and I and takes a seat next to me.

   She wraps and arm around me and leans in kisses me gently on the lips causing me to drop the rubber ball. Rexa whines and I smile against Lexa's touch. She scoots close to me and is practically on my lap. I place my arm on her thigh mindlessly and then the moment ends.

   Rexa comes and sits right in the middle of us and begins to bark at us. I break apart from Lexa and look at the dog giving her a pouty face.

   "Great Rexa, you ruined the moment." We both laugh and the dog rubs her head against Lexa's chest.

   "So much for that I guess." I pick up the ball and throw it across the hut in hope that the ddog will go for it and I can sneak in one last kiss.