A Very BTS Christmas Part 3

Start from the beginning

G-D gazed at the shelves of alcohol behind the counter. "What do you want to drink? It's all on me."

And that is when G-Dragon, the G-Dragon, bought me a drink.

I sipped. It was different from anything I had ever tried before.  G-D said it was his favorite drink on the menu. Besides the burning sensation it sent to my chest, it tasted like magic... Well, that is if magic has a taste...

G-D looked to me expectantly. "So?"

I gave him thumbs up.

He smiled. "Good. So --"

A petite figure wobbled up to him and took his hand. "Come dance with me G-D oppa!"

His girl tugged at his hand and pouted.

G-D slid her hand off of his. "You go on, Ina darling. I'll be there in a second."

Ina huffed, but did as she was told.

G-D stared after her for a long second before leaning towards me. I bent towards him. He whispered in my ear, "You see that girl over there?"

I followed his pointing finger. It was Taeyang's girl. She was standing against a wall biting her lip. Every once in a while she would glance my way, catch my eyes, blush, and look down.

"Ne."

G-D continued, "She's been eyeing you for a long time. You should go say hi. Buy her a drink."

I shook my head. What kind of friend was he?! "But she's Taeyang sunbae's girl!"

G-D leaned back and laughed. "You're funny. That's not his girl! His girl is with family for the holidays so he asked his American friend, Ellie, to join us instead."

I suddenly felt embarrassed. Of course they were just friends. They hadn't made physical contact this whole time. Plus -- I looked to the crowded dance floor -- Taeyang was dancing alone in the middle of the rocking bodies without her.

"I dunno --" I started.

G-D stood up. "Just think about it." And he disappeared into the crowd.

I bought the third drink.

I held it steadily in my hand as I made my way towards the American girl.

She saw me and turned red as a fresh picked rose.

I bowed. "Hello." I said in English.

Her eyes met mine. They were so clear! Like a fresh-water stream. "Hello."

I pointed to myself. "My name is Namjoon. Kim Namjoon."

She nodded. "I know."

I swallowed. "You know?..."

She laughed. "I listen to your music on occasion."

I was dumbstruck. "You do?"

She nodded. "BTS is actually my friend's favorite group.

I was utterly touched and surprised. "Well tell her hello, from BTS."

"I will." She said. "My name is Eleanor. But you can call me Ellie if you want."

I held out the glass of crimson liquid to her. "Care for a drink, Ellie? It's on me."

Her eyes widened. "No. No thank you. I'm only 20. I wouldn't drink anyways."

My heart dropped a bit. "Oh. I'm sorry. I should've asked. I --" I backed up slowly.

She put out a hand to stop me and grazed my wrist softly. Her fingertips were cold, but I didn't mind. It jolted me out of my sullen mood.

"Stop." She said. "Are you staying much longer?"

I took in the smooth features of her face. The shape of her collarbones through her t-shirt. The rise and fall of her chest. "As long as you are staying, I will too."

Her cheeks reddened again and she looked down. "I -- I'm flattered."

I don't know what happened. It's just one second we were standing before each other and the next second her hand was in mine and I was leading her to the dance floor.

"I don't dance!" She shouted over the noise of the music and the chatter in the club.

I laughed. "I don't dance either, but it's Christmas! It's the time for miracles to happen!"

She smiled. "I guess so!"

As I held her hand her fingertips warmed. They fit perfectly between my own.

She glanced down at her hands. "I'm sorry. I'm either hot or cold. Never in between."

I dismissed it with a wave of my hand that held the still-full wine glass. "That doesn't matter. As long as your heart stays warm, baby I'm cool with whatever."

She laughed and blushed again.

I drained the wine glass and handed it off to a bartender heading back from the bathroom. "Merry Christmas!" I called to him.

He looked from my glass in his hand to me. He gave me an annoyed look before making a b-line for the bar.

I had found myself a girl.

•••

Today Ellie was to join us for Christmas evening. I was so nervous. Her Korean isn't fluent not are my hyungs fluent in English. This was her first time in Seoul. Her first time having Christmas away from home. I had to make it near perfect. I had to.