Love Revolution

•Kookie's POV•

Hey noona. It's your favorite maknae again. I'm going to take this time to fill you in on what has happened between June and November. J-Hope-ssi didn't do a good job picking up from where we left off.

So after Jimin and I confessed our love and kissed, we made a formal announcement to our hyungs. As expected, they all gave us a big group hug and Jin prepared a celebratory feast. (V went a little over the top when he drew a picture of Jimin and I with a rainbow in the background 😣-- strange child that he is...)

Next step was to tell our manager:

*knock knock*

"Who is it?"

Jimin looked to me and gave me a reassuring squeeze. "Go on."

"Jungkook and Jimin, PD-nim." I spoke through the door.

"Come in you two." Came the muffled reply. "Make it quick though, I have a meeting in half an hour."

I hesitated. I didn't know why I froze. But then again I did know. I was nervous. Of course I was nervous!

"Breathe in." Jimin whispered, his hand on the small of my back. "Breathe out." I obeyed. "Ready?"

That simple exercise cleared my head and replenished my confidence. I was ready. "Ne."

Jimin broke the news.

PD-nim leaned back in his desk chair. His hands were clasped formally across his broad chest. "You know what this means don't you?" His face was stern. If it wasn't for his steady breaths one would assume he was a stone statue.

We seemed to take a shallow breath together. I nervously fingered my hair. Jimin idly spun his SnapBack in his hand. He mumbled under his breath.

PD-nim leaned forward. "Mwo? What did you say?"

Jimin's eyes fluttered up. Tears rimmed his half-moon eyes. "You'relettingusgo."

"Are you letting us go?" I echoed dumbly.

And then all of a sudden PD-nim let out a chortle and slapped the desk. "Aniya! Oh my, you poor boys. I really scared you didn't I?" Jimin and I looked to each other in surprise.

PD-nim's expression returned to its former seriousness. "I fully support you boys. I've known for a long time." I fought the urge to roll my eyes. How could all these people tell?! It's not like Jimin stares at me all the time or anything -- maybe I'm just oblivious -- PD-nim made sure our focus was entirely on him before he continued, "But the news of your relationship will spread like wildfire across the world. You will gain many haters who will tear you down and toss you in the trash."

"Already happened." Jimin said in a voice that only I could hear.

Our manager sat back in his chair. "Have you told your parents yet?"

Jimin shook his head. I was still.

Our manager nodded. "It is not my position to tell you how to carry out your relationship, but your family matters most. I will help you deal with your enemies."

"We don't need help." I blurted. PD-nim looked at me curiously. "Honestly if people are going to bash on us just because we're in love then that is their problem. I want to bring on a revolution. A Love Revolution where we can date and marry whoever we wish while still under contract with an agency. We shouldn't be tied down like slaves. Love is inevitable. It is a natural feeling and when intimate love is stripped from someone how can they love at all?" I shook my head vigorously. "I just don't get it. It has taken me forever to except my love for Jimin-ah because I've been so afraid of the flak I'd get from the outside world." My words caught in my throat. I had to breathe. Breathe in. Breathe out. "I just want it to end."

Jimin was looking at me with his jaw agape. PD-nim bit his lip and ran a hand through his thick black hair.

Finally Jimin said, "What does that have to do with family, yeobo?"

My heart smiled at his term of endearment, but outwardly I was shaking. "Because -- Because I told my parents a few days ago."

Breathe in. Breathe out.

"I called them. I -- they didn't -- eomma was speechless. Appa -- he just -- he just told me good-bye and good riddance. He hung up before I could explain anything. I thought they would be okay with it -- I mean my mom's best friend is lesbian and they have her and her girlfriend over all the time! And I'm not even gay! I'm bi! But appa didn't even want to listen."

I bit back tears. I had cried enough over this week. It wasn't becoming of a man to cry all the time.

Gentle hands wrapped around my shoulders. Jimin leaned down and laid his cheek on my head. PD-nim reached across his desk and took my hand. "I'm so sorry." He told me softly.

"I'm never going to leave you." Jimin whispered. His thumbs circled my shoulders soothingly. "I'm here yeobo."

*knock knock knock*

PD-nim released my hand and looked up. "Just a minute Mr. Shim!" He turned to us. "Are you two going to be okay?" We nodded. "Alright. Thanks for telling me this. Please don't hesitate to come to me if you need help with anything. Anything."

We stood and bowed. "Gamsahabnida."

And we truly were grateful.

•••

The Park family welcomed me as Jimin's partner no different than they had welcomed me as his friend. In fact, they flew to Seoul from Busan just to take us out to a special dinner!

I still hadn't heard back from my parents.

•••

We embarked on our longest tour yet. From mid-July to mid-November we traveled around the world performing by night and sleeping by day. It was exhausting and rejuvenating all at the same time. The crowds were great and all of us are grateful to our amazing staff for taking such good care of us.

PD-nim was right. We did intake a lot of hate. Our twitter and Facebook swarmed with "fans" bashing on Jimin and I. Sasaengs even found ways to blame the five other members for allowing Jimin and I to publicly be together; as if we wouldn't have been together privately anyways...

But we fought back. Because of the efforts of GOT7's Jackson and f(x)'s Amber, a special hashtag trended on twitter called #Jikook'sARMY. Celebrities and fans began overtaking the haters with messages of support not only for Jimin and I, but also for anyone struggling with their public identity. It was beautiful to watch unfold. True friends really are revealed in time of great need.

•••

Three birthdays have come and gone. I'm 19 now. All too soon my youth will dissolve into manhood.

Jimin's 21 and Namjoon 22. Neither one said they felt any older.

Our ARMYs have been too kind. We devoured many many birthday cakes in September and October. They were all delicious. Gamsahabnida. I'm surprised I'm not allergic to sugar by now!

•••

Now the tour is over and we are back in our dorm. J-Hope is recovering from the flu. He missed the fan sign today. PD-nim said it wasn't worth him coming -- we didn't want to make our fans sick.

However, J-Hope has something really special fueling him to get better. He and I have been asked by EXO to be featured in their comeback. In fact, in an hour I am meeting up with Chanyeol, Kai, Sehun, Xiumin, Luhan, and Tao to learn the music. I start learning choreography with Lay and Kai tomorrow. I can't wait!