{14}little kids

"And this one I made for my dad since he's always busy doing pack work and never spends anytime with us....oohhh!and this one is for my little sister in my mommy's stomach when she comes out"

I nod before picking up the star Lucian has made.When I told Precious to gather all her friends she gathered ALL her friends.
I think I deserve to win an award for remembering all their names.

Collin,Ocean, Miranda, Ian, Dawn, Parche, Dutches, Anthony, Stefan, Kim, Haley,and Michael and Lucian.

That's only 13 out of 25 kids.

At first they like Precious were frightened of me but are slowly warming up.

I smile at Lucian "I think they'll love it-how about they put it up with you?"'

Lucian eyes twinkle but he frowns"I don't think they'll have time to..dad...dad is always busy and mommy is always to tired to move"

I tilt my head "well it doesn't hurt to try"I play with his soft wavy hair

"if they can't its ok you can just show them after"

He nods silently.

"Um...why do they call you Mad hatter?"

I freeze and think about it. What could I possibly tell a small child why I'm called the Mad Hatter. I can't exactly tell the truth, that just ruin the poor child mine. I choose to sugar coat it.

"Yea! I wanna know to!"Miranda yells

"Can you please tell us?" Anthony asks.

The other children quietly sit in front of me on the rug.Precious walks over to me and makes her way on my lap.

I sigh closing my eyes for a second.

"Ok..I'll tell you guys why..but you have to promise not to get to scared" they look at each other before whispering.

"Can someone tell me what color are my eyes?"

Hands raise up and I pick a girl with long is jet-black hair.

"What's your name sweetie?"

She hesitantly says "Betsy"

A boy snorts pointing his finger at her "yea Betsy but she's a nerd and knows EVERYHTING shes always getting all the answers right"

She shrinks as other kids pick on her.

"ENOUGH" they jump. Yes,even I can use a command voice.

"What is wrong with you kids, you guys are better than that,is it a bad thing to be smart?-no! It's not in fact it's wonderful..you shouldn't judge a person because they are better than you at something-no that's rude so please apologize to Betsy" I glare at the boy raising my eyebrows at him.

He gulps guilty before mumbling something.

"We can't hear you" I say and he frowns before sitting up "sorry Betsy"

She just nods eyes wide.

I smile at her "see Tommy it's not that hard is it?"

"Ok Betsy now what were you going to say."

"Ughh...your eyes are a mixture of orange and red?"

I nod at her "yes dear it is..now kids..let's just say I have two personalities-one right now and very bad side"

"When I get really really angry my bad side likes to take over-" I shiver and frown "then my eyes turn really really bright and red-scarier that my eye right now"

I look at the kids my eyes softening "I don't like my bad side..I makes me do mean things to people and hurt them but that's how I was born-it's kind of like how Betsy was born being smart,she embraces it. I don't want to but I embrace my bad side-only sometimes when I need to." I look down thinking about all the people I already hurt since I been here.

"But your not bad" I look at Precious.

"Your not bad because you fixed my cut and...your really nice" I smile at her.

"Ok so enough of this bolongy let's play some games!!"

They cheer getting up.

They probably didn't understand exactly what I said but oh well.

"Let's play tag!"

"Not it"

"Not it"

I wait until their done obviously so I can be it.

"I'm coming to get you!!" they scream and run away laughing.
I enjoy the sound chasing them.
*****

"Well look what we have here-little miss mad hatter chasing kids like the crazy she is" I freeze turning to the door seeing Daisy strut in with a loose tank top and shorts. I sent my guards to get gingerbread house stuff and sent joe to get hot chocolate for the kids.

I look behind her and see two buff dudes. Evan being one of them.

I push tommy behind me "what do you want daisy?"

She scans the room snorting "I see you decorated the place-how cute"

"You sure your not going to hurt them,kill them ,with you being mad?"

I glare at her with passion "I would never!"

"Yea!mad hatter is nice to us!! Unlike you ugly duck!" I turn gaping at tommy behind me as he sticks his tongue out at daisy.

Daisy huffs before rolling her shoudlers "boys it seems mad hatter here plagued the children's pathetic little heads"

"Kick em out so we can finally deal with the oh so bad Mad hatter" the men grin at each other before evan runs over to me reaching for tommy and the other man tries to gather the other kids.

I push him away "don't touch him" he grabs my throat lifting me off the floor. I hear the kids scream

Did pathetic little evan get stronger?in like a day!!?

"Cat got your tongue honey?" he smirks at me squeezing my throat before throwing me against the wall.

"No let me go!!mad hatter!!"I shake my head groaning and through my blurred vision see Tommy begin lift up and taken out the room.

"Lock the door"

"What if they go tell the alpha?" the man asks.

Daisy shakes her head "we're doing him a favor"

"Grab her"

The men lift me up "doesn't feel to good getting knocked up huh?" Daisy ask grining taking something out her bra.

"I know your little act-unlike those goblins called kids I'm not stupid enough to believe it"

"In order to not be stupid don't you have to have brains"I bark out loving her face turn red.

"Oh I'm so going to enjoy this"she points a needle at me,it glinting in the room.

"I know all about you Cassie!your mom...aww..poor you she didn't want a beast child so she ran away..I heard she killed herself"my eyebrows scrunch up in confusion.

How could she know my mother, or better yet any information about my family. She catches my confused state and smirks.

"oh you didn't know..yea apparently your mom couldn't stand the thought of having a child who kills people and hanged herself"

A tear escapes hearing the truth in her words.All this time I thought she started another family,but in truth she's dead.

"Oh this is gold!little miss innocent didn't know"

She hums to herself "you see this Cassie " she shakes the needle at me and I try too budge from the men's strong grip.

"This has something in it that makes you weak and pathetic like the little runt you are..and let's just say this is my christmas present"

With that she stabs me in the arm.
*****

******