{1}If you must know

Copyright © 2015 by Alexus Wetzel

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

************

I ignore all the stares as I make my way down the hallway following my dad. People glancing at me, some curious or confused as why I have a hat on.

Black to be exact.

Covering most of my face it blocks my view of everyone.I wear the hat all the time, 24/7 to be exact. There's not a time where I don't have my crazy hat on my frizzy hair other than when I go to sleep. Plus it helps tame my curls, and it sucks brushing my hair. There is no such thing as brushing naturally curly hair.

Facts.

I try to avoid their stares burning through my skull as I keep my head down. I always do when people stare at me strangely, but today I decide what the hell.

I look up through my eyelashes and slowly put my head up a little more not all the way up, but enough for me to get a side view. The people look at me once with their big wide eyes and hurry and scurry away.

I sigh.

I'm used to that. My eyes like to freak people out due to their werid color. It seems to shock people anytime they look at me. I can't help but be born with my eyes. If your wondering what color it is, I'll tell you. Bright red mixed with a fiery orange.

My father once joked I looked like the Mad Hatter from "Alice in Wonderland" But I find it as a compliment.

I asked my father multiple times if I was born with my orange eyes and he just mumbles something along the lines like 'couldn't just be born with brown eyes'.

So I assume I was born with my natural eyes color. Others think I wear contacts but once I get mad they no longer justify my oribitals.

Don't get my wrong I think eyes are beauitful no matter what. Whether there brown, blue, grey or even freaking purple. You should love you eyes no matter, plus why hate on eyes. They are the only thing that allows you to see.

Mine tend to imitate people alot, hell all the time.

I put my head back down following my dad down the hallway. Just from one look at this place you could tell the interior is nice and well taken care of. Expensive, that's the word

I sigh again mentally singing the lyrics to the song that is blasting through my headphones.Well here's a few details about myself if you must know. Since I am talking to myself like the pathetic loser I am and fantazing about people reading my story I might as well state some facts.

I'm 17 years old, I have a lion's mane of curly untamable hair. No thanks to my mother. I have a tan skin with some tiny freckles, barely visible if you hardly looked. To top it off I have bright red hair,dyed though. I think it's cool to have colored hair. It makes you unique, it dosen't matter if other people do to. It's a certain color on you and everyone looks different.

Plus it goes with my name and look.

People call me Mad hatter.

Hilarious, isn't it?

I guess I can let you on a little secret if only you don't tell anyone. It can be our little secret, just promise you won't tell anyone ok? My real name is .....

You know that feeling you get when you have headphones on and someone is talking to you. Yea I have that feeling right now.

I look up to see Joe, my personal bodyguard. My dad always keeps me protected at all times, besides you know what they say about mad people,you have to keep them locked up and secured.

I have 5 bodyguards to be precise. Joe,well let's just say he's the usual imitating big guy with buldging muscles that make you cringe just looking at him. He's a big softie if you ask me though. He's my favorite guard too, he's been by my side since I was a baby in diapers. The other four guys are Max, Erin, Samuel, and Rudy. I haven't know them as long as I've know Joe but I still love them to death.

They are around me in a big circle as usual. Typical bodyguards.

"huh?" I look at Joe.

He nods towards the door my father stopped at. My father looks over his shoulder at me silently asking me if I'm ready. I smile shly at my father. He turns around and knocks on the big wood door. I take a deep breathe before entering making sure to keep my head down.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
hello lovelys!! I hope you like this chapter!!if do please vote and comment!!hehe love ya!!mkay bye!!!
-Alexus:)

I wrote this book when I was about 15/16 and I'm rereading it now. I was going to take it down but thought against it. It is messy and not every good in my opinion and all over the place so forgive 16 year old me. It needs work on and I might fix it might not. It's been about 4 years since I've last actually wrote a book and it feels weird. Life has been hard and overwhelming but I hope everyone is doing ok.  So please ignore the cringe ness of this book! Please stay safe!
With much love
Alexus