Chapter Twelve; The Ball Begins...

-Iris's pov-

It was already night and guests were every where. I yawned tiredly...I was in a dress I didn't like.  I was avoiding men because I didn't want to dance or have a drink with them. I slipped out of the fancy ballroom and walked toward the garden. I walked around the gardens noticing a few couples here and there. I only envied them and what they had. Love for each other. Their a couple. Meanwhile there's me.

I fell into deep thought as I sat down on a stone bench. I do love Sebastian but I don't think he loves me like that. He only wants me for my body. Guilt started to form in my heart and I wanted to cry. "Iris? What are you doing out here?" I looked up seeing Sebastian. I didn't see the couples around anymore.. It was just us.. Alone. I bit my lip holding in my tears and bottled up my feelings.

"Oh nothing it was getting a bit stuffy in there." I said with a fake smile. Sebastian only looked down at me with a serious face. "Somethings wrong." He said narrowing his eyebrows. "No everything's alright!" I said. He then grabbed my chin making our eyes meet. His eyes flashed pink "Don't lie to me" he growled. My heart had dropped. Of course- he was a- how else would he have gotten us to his room so fast last night- and finished everything for the ball tonight so quickly- I was so stupid to not sense it from the beginning. His looks just throw it out there.

He's a demon.

"I see you finally figured out? After this whole time." He said with a devilish smirk. "Yeah I finally figured it out" I said softly. All those times when Ash would rant about some black filth and would tell me to stay away from the filth because I would fall for it. I always thought he was actually ranting about falling for dust or dirt but he meant the demons. Those story's he told me when he and auntie would come over to visit when I was younger they were true. They existed.

I stood up quickly and stepped back. "Oh dear please tell me you aren't afraid?"  Sebastian asked me "No. I'm just surprised your kind are real.." I responded. "Well we are real. We're from different worlds." He said as I took another step back away from him. "I can see it in your eyes.. Your afraid of me aren't you?" Sebastian said. I could see the sadness in his eyes... I was hurting him.

I could tell he accepted the fact that I was afraid and turned around to walk away. I walked towards him and pulled him back then I grabbed his tie and kissed him. "Is there anything else you need to tell me?" I said with a smirk. My actions shocked Sebastian but he smirked back at me "No there's nothing else my love" He responded.

-Sebastian's pov-

I was hurt but I knew she was going to figure it out. I can't believe she still showed me affection I would of thought she'd be terrified of me. I needed to tell her that I couldn't be with her because of my position back in my world. I couldn't tell her that.

The only option was to turn her into a demon for her to become my princess. My queen. She wouldn't say yes. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked down at Iris giving her a kiss. It was too soon... And something in my gut was telling me something was going to happen.

I ignored the feeling and focused on Iris who gave me a smile. My heart was beating.. I walked with her around the garden hand in hand.  If only she wasn't human. If only...

[A/N: What do you guys think?! Do you want to become his princess? Or nah? Comment what you think she'll pick! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! ;)]