Chapter Twenty-Six

(1 Month Later)

Yes, another time jump but I wanted to get into Zak and DJ being parents quicker.

DJ sat on the chair in the front room as she looked at her clock again. It was 3:20 in the morning and Zak was still out with the guys. She was happy that Zak and Nick made up, but she was still getting pissed that the last couple of days Zak hadn't come home until late.

Finally, the door opened, and Zak stumbled in. DJ just looked at him and he finally caught her eyes.

"Waiting for me, I see." Zak mumbled as he walked up to DJ.

"Don't, Zak." DJ said holding up her hands.

"What did I do?"

"Just sleep on the couch." DJ walked away and walked upstairs leaving Zak in the front room confused. He plopped down on the couch and pulled the blanket over him.

Upstairs, DJ climbed into bed and pulled the thick blanket over her body, trying not to cry. This has been happening too often. Salem and Bella climbed into bed with her as well as Cassie. Gracie was probably down stairs with Zak. Soon DJ fell asleep.

-----------------------

Later that morning, Zak groaned as he woke up and remembered that he was on the couch. He had a huge hangover. He looked at his phone to see that it was 11:30.

"Here, the water will help." DJ said as she handed a glass of water to Zak. He could see the pissed off look in her eyes as she sat down with Kennedy still nursing.

"What happened?" Zak asked as he sat the water on the table. DJ answer right away as Kennedy continued. But when she was done, DJ put Kennedy in her playpen to sleep in the other room. She came back out and sat back down on the chair. "Why are you pissed at me?"

"Do I really even have to answer that?" DJ asked as she glared at Zak. Her sat up and rubbed his face. "The past three days you left at 10:00 in the morning and didn't come back until the middle of the night. I wouldn't have cared if we didn't have Kennedy then but you're doing exactly what I knew you were going to do."

"And what is that?" Zak asked looking at DJ.

"Leaving your wife to take care of your daughter. I can't keep being the only parent all day."

"Didn't you want me to forgive Nick?"

"Nick has nothing to do with this. You're a father, you need to step up and be one."

"I didn't even wanna be a father in the first place." DJ looked at Zak as if he had just slapped her in her face. Zak dropped his head, realizing what he had just said. She felt all the rage in her body going into hyper drive as she felt herself trying hard not to lose it. "You and that baby mean the world to me. I just don't know how to fucking do this." Zak shot up and walked over to the kitchen. DJ stood up and followed him. He stood next to the counter bent over with his arms on the counter and his head on his arms. DJ hopped onto the counter next to him and pulled on his arm. Without looking, Zak walked over to her and wrapped his thick arms around her and buried his face in his shoulders. DJ wrapped her arms around him and let out a loud sigh.

"It's okay." DJ said as she rubbed his back.

"I'm sorry." Zak mumbled knowing just how much he had hurt DJ but saying what he said. DJ shushed Zak as she felt him start to cry into her shoulder. This time, she wrapped her feet around his legs as she comforted him.

"I still love you." DJ smiled hearing Zak chuckle against her skin. He wiped away and DJ wiped away some of the tears that had spilled from his eyes. "Go change and then come see your daughter." DJ kissed Zak's forehead and then walked away. She walked into the guest room and pulled Kennedy's playpen out into the front room. She was still awake and play with some of her toys when Zak came down in a pair of shorts and his man tank. Kennedy smiled when she saw Zak walked over to her crib. DJ smiled as Kennedy held her hands out to her dad and Zak picked her up.

"Oh really." Zak said as Kennedy made a giggly noise. "Should we take your mom out to lunch?" Kennedy made a giggly sound again.

"Let me go change." DJ said with a sigh and walked up stairs. Zak sat with Kennedy on his lap and grabbed some of her clothes that were in a box in the front room. He finished changing Kennedy just as DJ came down the stairs. DJ grabbed her car keys and they got situated in the car.

"Where are we going?" Zak asked as DJ began to drive down the road.

"I don't care. I just want food." DJ replied as she yawned.

"Go to the burger joint you were craving when you were pregnant." DJ nodded her head and continued her drive to it."

--------------------

After lunch, Zak and DJ came back to the house where Zak went through some list of locations. DJ put Kennedy back down in her crib upstairs and came downstairs.

"Are you sure about going to Alcatraz?" Zak asked as DJ sat down next to him. She put her arm around his back and put her chin on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm sure. The special is kind of about me, isn't it?" DJ replied as she rubbed his back.

"More about you, yeah. You did get possessed and it freaked me out."

"When did you plan on going?"

"We planned on going as soon as we can. I had already talked to Lou, and she said she would watch Kennedy for us."

"I guess we can pack now. My building is still in the process of being built."

"I love you." DJ smiled as Zak looked at her.

"That's kind of weird, but I love you too." She pecked his lips and just as she stood up, DJ felt arms around her waist, and she fell back on Zak's lap with a giggle. DJ put her hands on Zak's hands and felt Zak kiss her neck. She turned over onto her side at put her arm around Zak's shoulders and kissed him. Her other hand rested on his cheek as the kiss quickly got heated. DJ got off Zak's lap and pulled him up the stairs. After making sure Kennedy was still asleep, DJ and Zak walked into the bedroom and closed the door behind them. DJ turned back around to see Zak standing there shirtless. "You couldn't wait?" Zak shook his head and walked up to DJ and kissed her as she slid her sweatpants down her legs. DJ pulled away and pulled her shirt over her head as Zak pushed his shorts down his legs. DJ walked towards Zak as he walked backward until his knees hit the bed and he fell on his butt

DJ straddled his waist and felt Zak's fingers slipping up her back and towards her bra. His fingers quickly unhooked it and it fell behind her. DJ's head fell back as Zak kissed her neck. Quickly Zak flipped them over and roughly kissed her. She let out a loud moan as once of his hands squeezed her breast and kneaded it. She didn't care about the soreness of it, she just let her mind go as Zak sat up and looked down DJ. His filled with complete love and lust for the woman he loved most. DJ's back arched as Zak slowly pulled her underwear off her legs and tossed them on the floor.

He leaned over her, and DJ pushed his brief's down over his legs until they were both bare. Zak's hands trailed down her body and squeezed her thigh causing her to whimper.

"I am like twice your size." Zak mumbled as he planted kiss all over DJ's neck.

"I don't care." DJ replied as she wrapped her feet around Zak's legs.

"Even if I crushed you?"

"Even if you crushed me." Zak smirked and slowly pushed inside of her. DJ let out a loud moan and Zak kissed her swallowing her moans. Her fingernails dug into Zak's back as his thrusting sped and his hands rested on either side of her head. DJ's hands then wrapped around his shoulder as she felt him reach a spot deep inside of her that gave her so much pleasure that tears rolled down her cheeks.

As his thrusting continued to pick up the pace, DJ was panting, and Zak was grunting as a he gripped the sheets tightly in his fists until they came undone. Zak pulled and started to roll off her until DJ stopped him.

"What?" Zak asked as he looked down at DJ.

"I feel protected when you lay on me like that." DJ replied and Zak smiled as he kissed her and carefully layed on her.

"I love you, so much, Mrs. Bagans."

"I love you too, Mr. Bagans."