Chapter Eighteen

In case you are wondering, the only reason why most of Zak's family is not in the book is because I don't know a lot about his family. I don't know how old his niece and nephew are and I don't even know what his mom's name is. So they aren't in the book but are talked about. And I know Zak has said he would never have kids, but people can change their minds.

(Two Months Later)

Sitting at her desk, scrolled through location after location not to hunt but for buildings to start up her animal organization she had started through the NSPCA.

But DJ still had one thing on her mind. About two weeks back, DJ felt like she had been processed by something that followed her home from a location. She remembered that Father Ashcraft had to perform an exorcism. It scared the hell out of her. DJ lashed out at Zak, Aaron, everybody, including Zak's niece and nephew, both of who she loved to be around. Although she had gone through a full-on exorcism, DJ still felt like crap because those two kids were her world and she was terrified that something would happen for them to stop loving her.

"What are you doing?" Zak asked tiredly as he walked into the office. DJ looked at the clock that read 3:00 in the morning. DJ could find the right words.

"Going through some potential sites." DJ finally replied and saw Zak sitting down in a chair next to her.

"They know that it wasn't you, DJ. We all know something attached itself to you." DJ refused to look at Zak. She felt his hand rubbing her back which helped a little bit.

"Those two kids are the only kids in my life right now. I can't have my own and because of some stupid attachment, they're scared of me."

"Come here." DJ scooted over next to Zak and he wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her forehead and let his lips linger there for a few seconds. "I'm sorry." DJ looked at Zak. "You deserve to be happy and have the family you want, and I knew something was gonna follow you home."

"Zak, please don't blame yourself for my stupidity." She hugged Zak tighter and his arm squeeze around her.

"There's other options, if you really wanna start a family." DJ looked up at Zak once more.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. I want you to be happy and I don't see us leaving each other. We'll get a bigger house and see what our options are."

"I love you, Zak Bagans." DJ said and then kissed him, grasping his cheeks in her hands. He smiled into the kiss and pulled her onto his lap.

"I love you, DJ Roberts."

----------------------

DJ and Zak walked through the space with Salem, Bella, and Gracie. She found a wide-open large building that she liked very much. The dogs seemed to enjoy it as well. She would obviously have to add onto the building before it could be open, but she was open to all of that.

"I like it." DJ said as she looked around.

"It's going to be a lot of work to put more into it." Zak replied as they walked around the outside area.

"I know but the picture in my mind looks great." Zak smiled and pecked her cheek. "Now, I actually have an appointment with my doctor."

(About a half hour later)

"This is a miracle." DJ's doctor said when she came in the room.

"What? What's wrong?" DJ asked, fearing something was wrong.

"Nothing at all. Didn't meant to scare you but you're about two and a half months pregnant." DJ looked at her doctor like she was stupid.

"How? I thought I couldn't get pregnant."