Chapter Five

"Come on now." Zak said as a very drunken DJ tried to keep up. She giggled but the giggle slowly faded as she bent down over the sidewalk and spewed her guts up. Zak smirked and shook his head as he rubbed DJ's back. "Let's get you back to the hotel." DJ groaned and Zak picked her up bridle style and carried her back to the hotel which was a few blocks down. DJ had her arm wrapped around Zak's neck so she wouldn't fall.

"Don't let me get this drunk again." DJ mumbled as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Hey, you wanted to do this." Zak replied with a smirk on his face.

"Did you want to leave that night?" Zak looked at DJ who was barely awake.

"No, I didn't want to leave that night." Zak replied honestly. DJ sighed and closed her eyes as she felt Zak carry her to the bed. They walked in and were in their hotel room in no time. Zak gently put DJ on the bed and helped her change into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. The minute her head hit the pillow, DJ was out like a light. Zak bent down and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight, sweetheart." Zak whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

DJ was up before Zak the next day at around 1:00 in the afternoon. She was lying with her head on Zak's bare chest and her arm around him. She could feel the splitting headache and buried her face in Zak's chest and felt Zak's arm tightened around her back.

"Feeling better?" Zak asked as his eyes started to open.

"No." DJ groaned and buried her face in his chest again. She felt Zak chuckle and she looked up at him, resting her chin on his chest. "You didn't stop me from drinking last night."

"You needed it. I didn't drink so you could. And now, you need a shower." DJ punched Zak playfully and sat up with a smile on her face. She got out of bed and walked into the bathroom and had a long shower. Since she and Zak had one more day off, they decided on going out and spending the day together just walking around.

They walked around with Zak's arms wrapped around her shoulder. Here and there, they had fans asking for autographs and pictures from him. But they had much of the time to themselves. There were people snapping pictures of Zak and DJ showing their love for each other often with Zak kissing her or putting his arm around her. DJ never stopped smiling in the comfort of the person she loved most. Yes, they had their problems and had their fights but what couple didn't.

"I have to fly back to Las Vegas tonight." DJ said as they walked down the sidewalk with Zak's arm around her shoulders.

"For your meet-n-greet." Zak replied as DJ wrapped her arm around his waist.

"More of an adoption event I have to help run. I've got any eye on a Pitbull I wanted to adopt if nobody took her." Zak turned around and in front of everyone, he wrapped his arms around her waist and looked down at her. She smiled and he pecked her lips in clear view of those snapping pictures of them.

"I love you and your passion for animals." Zak said and kissed the tip of her nose.

"And I love you and your passion for ghost hunting."

(An hour later)

DJ and Zak stood in the airport waiting for DJ's flight to be called. This was going to be the first time in nearly four months that they would be apart. DJ looked up as her flight was then called over the intercom. She stood up followed by Zak who had the look on his face that he very clearly wanted her to stay.

"I'll call you when I land, I promise." DJ said and grasped the sides of Zak's jaw making him at her. "I promise. I'm not going anywhere."

"I don't want to leave you." Zak mumbled almost like a child.