Our Little Boy - 17

Start from the beginning

"What?" He asked suspiciously.

"Nothing, Rocky! Relax!" I said and then made a big fuss of cutting up JJ chicken into small bits even though he didn't need to.

I waited and waited.

I fake smiled and talked to Rocky and whoever else would talk to me but most of the time I focused on doors and windows and constantly looking outside.

I'm sure those people were gonna burst in any minute because there was no doubt they'd seen me. If what Rocky said about Weres and their night vision was true then these people definitely saw me in the basement.

"Mommy! Look!" JJ said. "Mhm, that's nice, baby." I said distractedly still staring outside the living room window as the rain poured down.

"You didn't even look." He mumbled and carried on doing whatever he was doing.

I sighed miserably. I got goosebumps every time I thought of Hunter, those eyes yesterday were like his. But he couldn't be alive, I watched as Rock plunged a slab of silver straight through his stomach.

Even if it wasn't silver, there was no way that he could have survived that. Werewolf or not.

Rocky walked in with both hands behind his back and then sat next to me. JJ immediately stopped doing whatever and climbed onto my lap.

Rocky smiled. "I know I've not been the easiest guy to get along with but today I could see the change in you. So I got you both a gift." He said proudly.

Then he brought out to parcels. Mine was smaller and oblong whilst JJ's was pretty huge. He looked up at me for permission and when I nodded he tore the paper apart. "Yay! Mommy, look its a toy plane!" He said excitedly.

I smiled down at him. "What do you say?"

"Thank you!" He said and actually hugged Rocky. I could see just how happy Rocky was. "What did you get mommy?" JJ asked even though he was too busy with his toy.

I opened mine reluctantly and found a gift box. I opened it and found a golden necklace with with 'R + R' engraved on it.

I forced another smile for the millionth time in a day. "Aw, Rock! You shouldn't have. I love it thank you." I said mechanically.

"I just knew you would!" He sighed. This guy is seriously messed. He was never like this.

He picked it up and then moved my hair and made me turn around and then clasped the necklace around my neck.

Urgh.

Then he kissed my neck. "I'm so sorry that we broke up in the past, honey."

He whispered.

Bet you are.

"It wasn't me, my dad was this pack's Beta so he had to get JJ in order to help our Alpha, you know? I didn't want to."

Right.

"But we can start again right?"

No.

"Maybe even give JJ a few brothers and sisters?"

Most definitely not.

"What do you say -"

Then his stupid whisperes were cut by JJ .

"Uncle Xavier!"

Both me and Rocky's necks snapped up at the same time it was a wonder we didn't break them.

Xavier was actually stood in the living room, his jaw clenched and his hair tussled.

Then he gave a slow and sarcastic clap, glaring at Rocky as he moved forward. Rocky'a angry eyes glanced at me but stayed fixated on Xavier.