Chapter 1. Toby's Inn

Samuel Black couldn't be considered as a successful man. As a homeless fellow, he had been strong and firm enough to survive in my circumstance. His very often thoughts were like "Why do I live?" or much as "What's my purpose of life?". All those thoughts were always whirl inside his head, since he had lived like a lost puppy looking for his lovely family. Samuel had never seen the face of his beloved unfortunate father who had passed away before his birth, and soon young Samuel's mother caught up with his dead father just a few months after his birth. Samuel had lived in his uncle's small cottage ever since until he began to seek his life purpose. But before leaving, his uncle gave a necklace to Samuel. There was a rune on the necklace. Samuel always put on his necklace everywhere he went.
A few years after leaving, he was always wandering around freely with and living without a house to be lounging in, some sort of gypy who wanders all over the entire globe, but generally he was an englishman, was born in London. So some years ago, never mind how long precisely, he had decided upon his will that he would keep my feet off in my hometown, London, which was a fantastic and elegant city. It was 2002 when Samuel took my first stride in the earth of the city, he was still young in that time, about eighteen years old, and carrying his necklace with him. He could see the tall buildings, kind people, and all his extraordinary surroundings that were caught on his sight. It really gave him a first impression positively.
   Samuel was a street guitarist there, because he's a talented musician. He kept his moneys that he had got from a lucky card game in Paris a couple weeks before reaching London either, probably would last for a few months of living, at least could handle from starving horribly. He slept on the street-side with the homeless friend of his, who had similar circumstance as him, didn't have home.

On a late night that he had come to this conclusion, Samuel was sitting next to his sleeping homeless buddies, when someone suddenly stood in front of his sight. Samuel gave a glance and didn't recognize a face. The stranger was in a long dark gray coat with a black top hat, carrying his long black stick,a pale face but gave a kind impression. The man had a golden tooth lied among other teeth. From his appearance Samuel presumed that he had such as a bad personality.

   "What's your business here sir..?" asked Samuel. The man laid himself down and giggled to Samuel.
   "I could see fortune has avoid you badly my dear fellow." said the man. He laughed hardly with a really annoying high voice, shattered the peaceful quiet surroundings nearby. Samuel couldn't control his emotions due to his manner to him.
   "If your purpose here is only to make fun of me just go away." Samuel yelled to him.
   "What business do you have actually here?" Samuel asked.
   "I do beg your pardon my dear young boy" said the man "My name is Toby Musgrave. Please control yourself, I'm here to bring an end to your uneasy life, I would like you to stay in the Inn that I own."
   "Sorry Mr. Musgrave  I have to refuse your offer because it would be impossible for me since I have no mo-"
   "You don't have to pay for it, I shall even have your food or drink served if it's a necessary." Said the man before Samuel could finish his words. Soon his angry face became a happy and delighted in an instant.
   "Bloody hell! This is not a funny joke Mr. Musgrave. I could hardly imagine what kind of fellow would give me a place for living freely."
   Toby laughed. "However this isn't a joke at all.. I want you to stay there, now do you accept my offer or refuse it? I really appreciate my time here."
   "Billion of thanks, I shall accept your kind offer. May god bless you sir.. May god bless you.."
   Toby smiled and looked enthusiasm as he stood as he hailed a cab. "Then we shall be there before ten!!"

   That was how Samuel had found himself sitting on left side of the cab. Toby talked really much there and told Samuel jokes, made he laugh until he could hardly breathe. Then, Toby looked interested to my necklace, he narrowed his eyes, observed it and hel it without my permission.
   "Where did you get the necklace?" Toby asked me curiously.
   "From my uncle.. He said that my father had left the necklace to me."
   "Keep it well.." said Toby as the conversation ended.
   Samuel looked outside to his surroundings hardly because of the darkness of the night. He could only see the trees and bushes through the window. Samuel didn't know where Toby took him to, but he perceived that it had took a hour or two on the journey.