Chapter 3- beta blood

Toby's POV:
I saw her one last time. She was at the window. She forgave me, now I just have to up hold my promise and only tell my family what she wants them to know. But now the beta ceremony won't be the same. It's a special event and Tae should be here. Oh well I guess not. I finish putting on my nice shirt and jeans and walk down stairs. I got her a birthday present, a pair of nude wedges, to wear tonight. There still in the box. But I'm not going to return them. When I got in the meeting room my dad, the beta currently, was standing on the stage with Christian, the alpha, and Mark, Christians dad, former alpha. I walk up there with them and Christian mind links everyone to come in. When they do all I can see if sadness in their eyes, for losing a pack member that everyone bullied. One person was really happy, Christian saw.

"Why are you so happy?" He asked the man.

"Tae is gone" he replied. My mom started crying, my dad and Mary, Christians mom, try calming her down. And Christian and Mark were furious so was I.

"Are you really that happy for losing a pack member?" Christian almost yelled. Now everyone was staring.

"Yes, alpha Christian" the man replied looking him strait in the eye.

"Get out, leave the pack and never come back, you should be ashamed" Christian said and the man left. I walked over to my mom who was still crying.

"She said she'll be in touch" I whispered rubbing her back and giving her a hug. She looked up and she was smiling. She squeezed my should and sat back down. Now for the ceremony. 

"Tobias Mark Peterson, with beta blood, do you accept all the responsibilities of beta wolf?" Christian said.

"Yes alpha"

"Do you promise to risk your life for everyone in this pack?"

"Yes alpha"

"Mr. Peterson, are you willing to give your position of beta to your son tobias?"

"Yes alpha" my dad said.

"I hear by declare Tobias Mark Peterson as your new beta wolf" Christian said turning to the pack. I shock his hand then my dads transferring the beta title. Good it was over. Usually we celebrate but I just walked upstairs and laid down on tae's bed. Oh I can mink link her with us be being twins, where ever she is.

"Tae?" I ask in my mind.

"Toby, oh I'm so glad to hear your voice, how was the ceremony?"

"Fine, but I wanted you there, I even bought you a gift for you to wear"

"YOU WANTED ME THERE! You got me something." She screamed then whispered.

"Ya, I always loved you I just have no idea why I was so mean. And of course I would get you a present it is your birthday"

"Thanks"

"I have a question for you"

"Ok shoot"

"Who did you get rejected by?"

"Um, *pause* why"

"Because today at the ceremony a guy was happy you were gone and Christian completely blew up and kicked him out. Is Christian you mate?"

No answer.

"Tae? You can tell me I won't tell"

"Ok, ya he is my mate." She said as Christian walked in.

"I have to go love you Tae."

"Love you too Toby, the beta" she said. I chuckled a little and Christian looked at me.

"You were talking to her?" He said.

"What, no?" It sounded more like a question though.

"You are such a bad liar man, where is she"

"I don't know she didn't tell me, but she did tell me who her mate was"

"She did"

"Yep and right now I'm using all my strength to keep my wolf in" I said and Christian got up and started to walk out.

"Hey look man, I regret it, I regret everything I did to her. Tell her that please. Tell her that I'm sorry. And please don't let anyone know about the whole me being her mate thing" and he walked out. I ended up falling asleep on taes bed.

~ok so you pronounce tae's name like tay if you were wondering~