Chapter 4

As we enteted the city of trees no folk could be seen but there were many voices above us in the air above. Far away i could hear the sound of singing like soft rain upon leaves. The fellowship followed my lead as we asended the tall stairs to where Galadriel and celeborn dwelt.

Upon reaching the top we stopped.

A bright light was cast upon the fellowship as the lord a lady of lorien came forth. Very tall they were, and the lady no less tall than the lord. They were grave and beautiful. They were clad only in white and no sign of age was shown upon them unless it were in the depthes of their eyes; for these were keen as lances in the star light, and yet profound, the wells of deep memory.

The fellowship held the lady's gaze for as long as they could muster, but frodo was the only one to keep his blue eyes upon hers.

" Eight there are here, yet nine there were set out from rivendell. Tell me, where is gandalf? For i much desire to speak with him. " the lord celeborn spoke in a commanding tone.

" He has fallen into shadow." The words left galdriels mouth in nothing more than a whisper, like wind rushing through the grass.

" The quest stands upon the edge of a knife, stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all." galdriel spoke, her tone more serious.

The lady now cast her eyes upon boromir, who quickly averted his eyes  now that he had become grief stricken.

" Yet hope remains while the comapny is true. Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil. Tonight you will sleep here with us." galadriel spoke as she held frodo's gaze."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haldir led the fellowship to where they were going to stay for the night. However I stayed behind, the lady wished to speak with me.

"Aria my child. Do you trust my judgment? " galadriel asked.

" why of course, I have never had a reason to doubt you nor do I expect I will. What is on your mind?"

" I wish for you to join them, to be their guide. I have seen it in the mirror, the quest that lies ahead needs your help. You will play and important role. Lives depend on you."

" am I wrong to feel fear?"

" even the wisest cannot tell. However I feel that you would be in good hands, I trust them and so should you. "

" go to them now, make friends with them and spend all of your time with them while they're here. You need to learn to trust them in order for them to trust you. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The forest was once again filled with the sound of singing, however the song was not happy. It was like a mournful cry filled with sadness for those who had been lost. The song was dedicated to the fallen Wizard.

As I walked through the trees I heard the song though I had not known him I still mourn for him and I felt the pain that those closest to him were feeling.

As I approached the fellowship I grew nervous but I heard the lady's voice in my head. She had told me to have courage.

When the fellowship came into view they were setting up their Bedrolls while sharing stories. Legolas was the first to feel my presence. Immediately he called out to me.

" does the lady wish to speak with us once again?"

"no. But I am here on her business. The lady wishes for me to join your fellowship, if Frodo would take me."

" you understand what this mission is then?"

" yes, I've been informed of all intentions regarding this Fellowship. Yet still I wish to offer my services to you."

By this point all members of the fellowship were aware of my presence. I held centerstage, all eyes were on me.

" I will except your service Lady aria." Frodo spoke up.
" there is no need for you to call me lady, aria will do just fine."

" only now have I realized that I do not know all of your names nor where are you hail from."

" you can call me merry and this is Pippen." One of the hobbits introduced as they both climbed to their feet and gave a small bow after offering me a slight smirk.

" you can call me Sam, lady aria. " the last hobbit spoke up.

" The name is gimli. "

" Son of gloin? " I asked, this is gained me a large smile accompanied by a quick nod of yes.

" I am boromir, son of denethor, The steward of gondor. "

" I am Aragorn, the fostered son of Lord Elrond."

" legolas of the Woodland realm. "

" and I am aria, the adopted daughter of the Lord and Lady of Lorein."