Chapter 3.1

I watched from my perch in the tree as the company turned aside from the path a store through the shadows. Suddenly a white mist came upon my eyes, I could no longer see. A fair voice spoke in my mind, and I immediately recognized it as the lady galadriel.

" haldir and his squadron of warriors lay in the trees to your right, you are to join him in confronting the travellers. Do so with haste. " the fog lifted and I quickly wound through the trees to haldir's side. Before I had even reached him, he had turned to my direction. Galadriel must have spoken with him as well.

Directly below my tree I heard the dwarf's voice." Stay close young hobbits, they say a sorceress lives in these woods. An elf witch of terrible power, all who look upon her fall under her spell and are never seen again! Well, here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily, I have the eyes of a hawk, and the ears of a fox!"

I had gotten the silent signal from haldir to descend. I drew back my bow and notched an arrow then jumped out the tree, landing in a crouch in front of the blonde elf. The hood of my cloak was up, he could not see me. That fact didn't stop him from aiming an arrow back at me. He looked severe, time had changed my once friend. I wanted to say something to him, to see if he remembered me, but I had to let haldir address the travellers.

" the dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." Haldir addressed the fellowship sassily. Then haldir gazed upon the elf within the company.

"Mae govannen, legolas thrandulion" (welcome legolas, son of thranduil)

" govannas vîn gwennen le, haldir o Lorien" legolas replied back. ( our fellowship stands in your debt haldir of Lorien)

" a aragorn in dunedain istannen le ammen." Haldir spoke as he moved to aragorn. ( aragorn of dunedain, you are known to us)

Haldir spoke again, this time towards to complete fellowship in English.

" aragorn, come with me if you will, I wish to have a word with you alone. Aria will direct the rest of your fellowship to the flets for a nights rest. Tomorrow we depart for Caras Galadhon. " I relaxed my bow following what the other Warriors were doing. I then assumed leadership and led the fellowship to the flets where we were to rest for the night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3rd person point of view)

Aragorn followed haldir into the trees away from prying ears.

" Haldir o Lorien. Henio, aniron boe ammen I dulu Lin. Boe ammen veriad Lin." Aragorn begged.
( haldir of Lorien. Understand, please we need your support. We need your protection.

" come." Haldir led Aragorn to the flets.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note

Sorry for the short chapter, I was really busy today and didn't have lots of time for writing.  I'm not sure when the next update will be, it might be in one or two weeks. Anyways, I hope you are enjoying to story, please vote and comment.