I hear the door creak open, and feet shuffling onto the floor as she enters.

I stand up. Amanda walks into the living room a moment later.

She is strikingly gorgeous, She has long dark red hair that reaches her mid back, a slightly curved body, a lightly toned complexion, and baby blue eyes. She's one of the red wolves from the pack meeting that took place on the same day I met Luka, but where's the other one? I ask myself.

I then smell another wolf with her, its scent is very strong. I take in another sniff. Smells like a strawberry and banana smoothie. I look around, but I don't see any other wolves. Then, as Amanda bows her head in respect, I see a dash of red resting against the back of her neck. I look up and see that it's a red-headed little girl.

"Well, hello there, what's your name?" I lean forward a bit and clasp my hands together.

"Alright, come on down, sweetie, it's alright," Amanda says as she reaches her arm around to her back and gently grabs the little girl by the hand and pulls, The little girl lands on the ground with a thud, but she landed on her feet so she's okay. "Sorry, Alpha. I had no choice but to bring her, she would've been left all alone," says Amanda, apologetically.

I shake my head slightly, "No, it's fine. I understand, I would've done the same thing if I was in your shoes." I just stand there puzzled by the little red-headed girl, with the lightly toned skin, and her aquamarine eyes. Her scent perplexes me. That sweet, strong, tropical fruity scent that I shouldn't even smell on a pup her age, unless...

I turn back towards Amanda, "Has she shifted?" I ask.

"Yes, Ma'am, she has," she replies to me.

My eyes go wide. "You're kidding. How old is she?"

"Eight."

"What's her name?" I ask.

"Victoria Garcia."

"Well it's nice to meet you, Victoria," I hold out my hand.

Victoria reaches out and gently shakes it, but she stays mute. Amanda looks at me with an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, Alpha, but Victoria rarely speaks, and even when she does, she always speaks in riddles."

"Is she sick?" I ask as I motion her to come over and sit down on the couch.

"Well, there's nothing physically wrong with her. We took her to a pack doctor and they said that she was fine" replies Amanda as she sits down while Victoria sits on the floor, playing with her fingers.

"So. What was it you didn't want to share with your fellow pack members?" I ask as I look over towards her.

Amanda takes in a shallow breath before she speaks, "The truth is... Victoria's not my biological daughter... I'm her adopted mother."

"Tell me your story, Amanda," I say.

"Well. I was born in the Ruby Stone pack, back when Michael Summers (Ace's father) was still in control. I was daughter to my mom, Kora, a Gamma, and to my dad, Bill, the head Beta, and for the first three years of my life everything was great. Then, when I was three, my mother was killed by some guys that were out hunting. They were getting to close to the pack grounds, so my mother thought that it was her duty to lead them away and so she did. The last thing we heard was a loud gunshot."

"What happened next, Amanda?" I ask her.

"Well, after that it was just me and dad but I didn't mind, because even though I had lost my mother I still had my father, and to say I was a daddy's girl, that would've been an understatement. From the time I could shift my dad had me out on patrols with him, but one sign of danger and he'd send me running for home. Yea. We would go fishing and hunting. I would always chase our prey into a corner, cut off its escape, and then my dad would finish it off by going for the..." Amanda pauses and points to her throat. I give her a nod before she continues on. "Anyways, we would also go hiking and exploring, you know things like that. Then, about two months before my sixteenth birthday, my father too was killed. He was heading to town when he was in a car crash." she says.