Part 21

Giving up and The Kiss-4 months ago

Maya awoke from her sleep to find it dark outside.As she sat up she became aware of the increasingly loud pounding sound inside of her head.The low to her high had begun yet again.She pulled herself up and took a deep breath before stepping out of her room and starting the walk down the hallway.Everything came back to her as she took the dreaded steps and Maya didn't have a clue what would happen when her parents saw her.She entered the living room and hated what she saw.All heads turned to face her.The first was Katy,she looked worn out and broken and it was very clear that she hadn't slept since Maya had gotten back.The next was Shawn,he too looked tired but he also held something completely different in his eyes.Lastly there was a person Maya wanted to never see again.Kermit.He had obviously been informed about the situation by the expression on his face.
"Sit down."
Katy half snapped at Maya without looking at her.
"We have had a big discussions in the time you have been asleep.We thought about what we are going to do with you.We believe that it is best for you to not pursue a music career yet and we were also wondering whether or not you would live with Kermit again.It seems you stayed out of trouble with him."
Katy spoke quietly and calmy,holding onto Shawns hand for support.
"I am not living with him and it isn't fair.I have fans out there who want music from me and I have ideas and I don't want to end up in a dunp with no money and if I have a career in music then I won't........I know I fucked up---"
"MAYA language.You will do as we say.We are you parents and gaurdian and you have a problem."
Shawn looked at Maya with sorrow in his eyes.He felt as if he had failed her.
" I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!"
Maya couldn't even fool herself.
"You are not living with Kermit.That would be to easy for you.You could start again there and see your old friends who still like you and can still tolerate you.Riley and Farkle seemed pretty mad at you,not that any of us are surprised.As for Lucas.....well he looked disappointed and then there is Josh...............You broke him and us...........and yourself."
Maya tried to ignore the pang in her heart once she heard her mother speak about her friends.Had they really abandoned her?Well she deserved it really.
"We have an idea........Rehab-"
Maya began to shake her head rapidly.
"NO NO NO NO I'M NOT NO"
Maya screamed at her parents and then ran into her room,locking her door behind her.She then proceeded to change and get her stash of money out of her pot and then escape out of her window.Another round of drinking her she goes.

Maya was staring at her phone that se had just turned on.There were lots of texts and missed calls off of everyone.She had gone to a bar she had heard about that didn't really care what age you were.She was rather drunk.Maya did the only thing she knew and called the number she had been looking at for the past few minutes.
"Hey.....Its me......I need you to come and pick me up...............yep.............ok........2213 Cresent Avenue............please."

Maya gave a half hearted smile to the person in front of her.She stumbled out of the door of the bar and fell into his large arms.
"Whoops!"
She giggled slightly and then walked over to a bench where she motioned for him to sit next to her.
"You know ......... I loved you.......I told you that didn't I......aga.....you know I did.....but you know what I always wanted to do...?"
Before he could react Maya's lips where on his and she was kissing him.
"MAYA GET YOUR LIPS OFF OF MY BOYFRIEND RIGHT NOW YOU........YOU.......YOU WHORE."
Riley.Oh shit.Maya broke out of her trance to realise what she had done.She had just kissed Lucas Friar infront of her best friend and his girfriend.
"Maya?........how.....How could you?"
Josh.Oh this just keeps getting better.
Maya opened her mouth to speak but the only thing that came out was whimpers.Then cries.Then she got up off of the bench and walked away from the scene.The sound of her heeled boots echoeing down the street whilst the shouts from her once friends became more distance with each step.She was mentally preparing herself for round 3 of the war for when she got home.It was bound to happen.

Oooooh snap she kissed Lucas.There will probably be only one more flashback before we go back to the present and find out what she is going to do with her life.