Part 4

Monday morning.Doom day.Monday mornings are generally bad but this morning was worse.Maya had her first day back at John Quincy Adams High school and she could already picture all of the stares and whispers as she would walk down the hall way to her classes.Then there was Riley and Lucas and Farkle and Maya didn't know if she could face it.She could just ditch and go back to her old ways but Maya knew that she had keep up her now good reputation.As Maya began to walk down the hallway and out into the New York streets she noticed Josh stood by his car.
"Hey Maya you want a ride to school on your first day?My classes don't start until a little later on and I know how scared you must feel."
Maya looked into Josh's eyes and saw hope shining through.She smiled at him and stepped closer.
"Why thankyou Joshua I would love for you to take me to school."
He smiled back at her and then opened the door for Maya to climb in.

All eyes were on Maya.She had said goodbye to Josh and he promised to be waiting outside for her after school.Maya put on her best 'I don't care' face and held her head high as she strutted down the hallway towards the office.She could hear the whispers and feel the eyes burning into the back of her head.Luckily Maya had managed to dodge Riley for now but she knew that everyone would find out by first period anyway.She took her seat at the edge of the principal's desk and waited for him to return.Maya didn't know if the principal had changed since she left but the office certainly looked different.
"Ah so you must be our new student.Let me look at the files........Maya?Oh my Maya Hart it is really you?Does Riley know your back?Why did she not tell me?"
Maya stared up at the man who had just enetered the room.
"Mr Matthews?"
Cory chuckled and took a seat opposite Maya.
"No,it is principal Matthews now miss Hart."
Maya tried to regain her confidence but failed.
"So would you like to tell me why you have returned to New York,where you have been for over a year and why Katy and Shawn wouldn't tell us either or should we save that for later when Riley finds out you are back and just let you go to your first class?"
Maya sighed and looked into Cory's eyes.
"I was in Phillidelphia with my dad but I got a record deal and Josh found me and I had a fight with my dad and now I am here."
Cory looked very shocked.
"You have a record deal??Wait no My Josh knew about this.Wait YOU WHERE IN PHILLY?!!!?"
He tried not to draw attention to his office but a few people had stopped to quickly check what was happening then continue on with there walk.
"Yes Mr Matthews.That is all I am going to tell you at this time.I would like to go to class and learn if you wouldn't mind since the bell is going to ring soon."
Maya stood up and took her time table from the desk.She quickly scanned it and recognised most of the teachers and rooms.
"Since your grades have improved massively too you will be sharing every class with Farkle,Lucas and Riley.Goodluck Miss Hart."
Maya gave a weak smile to Cory and then began to walk out of the room.
"Thanks Matthews."
She gave him a mischevious smile and then ran out of the door before he could say anything about what she had just called him.

She began to walk towards her first class when she heard an all too familiar voice call from behind her.
"Maya?Maya Hart?Is that you???"

Oooohhhh
Helloooo guyssss again.
I am having a writing spree and have just written 3 chapters without stopping!!!!!
Who do you think that voice is????
Did you think Cory would be principal????
I didn't until I started the chapter.
Megan x