Part 2

Maya stood in her kitchen making two mugs of hot chocolate whilst trying to make the least noise possible.It was 10:30 pm and Kermitt had already gone to sleep leaving Maya and her guest to talk.
"So Maya what are you doing in Philly?"
Maya sighed and sat down on the couch,preparing herself to tell her story from the past year.
"Aha well how about you tell me why you are in Philly because your story will no doubt be shorter and then we will see if I want to tell you mine."
She smiled at herself,knowing that she had bought herself some time.
"Well then where to begin?I have a break from school so I decided to come back down to Philly and visit my mom and dad.They live a few miles from here and they wanted me to drop off something at that bar and well here I am now."
She watched as he rubbed the back of his neck,he did this when he was nervous or confused.
"Well,Joshua,here is my story....

Josh had sat there for around an hour listening intently to Maya's story.He saw a new matureness in her and knew that she had definitely changed out in Philly.He came out of his trance when Maya slapped him on the arm.
"Were you even listening to a word I said then?I asked you a question.Oh god I knew talking to you would be a mistake."
Josh instantly reacted to Maya by moving closer to her.
"Oh no no no.I listened to it all and I even listened to your question and as a matter of fact I would love it if I could stay here now for the rest of the night."
Maya pulled Josh up off of the couch and led him into her room where she climbed into her bed.Josh went to sleep on a chair by the corner but was stopped by Maya jumping up.
"What are you doing?You can sleep in the bed with me if you want it is plenty big enough."
Josh didn't argue and he secretly liked the idea of sharing a bed with Maya but tried to dismiss his feelings.They both got comfortable and faced each other.
"Goodnight Joshua."
"Goodnight Maya."

Josh awoke to an empty bed and the smell of pancakes coming from the kitchen.He entered the kitchen to find Maya covered in flour and the kitchen in a mess.
"Not a clean chef ey?"
Josh chuckled to himself as he saw Maya's eyes go wide.
"As a matter of fact this food is delicious and if the kitchen is messy it means that the person did a good job of cooking actually so ha!"
Maya blew a bit of flour onto Josh covering a part of his face.
"Oh,so that is how you want to play it.Fine!"
Josh grabbed an egg and cracked it over Maya's head.She screamed and pounced on top of Josh sending them both to the floor where there was bits of egg shell and pancake mix.
"What the hell is going on in here guys?"
Kermitt had woken up due to the noise Maya and Josh were making.They quickly got off of one another and stood up.
"Sorry dad I will clean it all up before you get home from work I was just cooking breakfast."
"Sorry Kermitt."
Maya and Josh made a move to start cleaning the room as Kermitt walked out of the apartment shaking is head.Once he had left Maya and Josh burst into a fit of laughter.
"Oh.....my....god we have made such a mess."
Maya threw a cloth to Josh and ordered him to start cleaning up the counters whilst she washed up.
"How long do you have left here?"
"Today and tommorow then back to New York."
"Oh....You can't tell Riley or any of them where I am.I miss them so much but if they find out where I live and then try to see me I will find it even harder to stay away from them."
"Why don't you come back then?Come back to New York with me and live with your mom and Shawn again."
"Its not that simple Jo-"
Maya got cut off by her phone ringing.It was the person from the record label from last night.
"No I'm not busy right now......Oh wow yes of course I will come down....Sure....Okay....see you in an hour then."
Josh stared at Maya waiting to find out what the phone call was about.
"Can you drive me to a record label's office?"
Maya walked up to Josh and leaned up onto her tip toes so then they were near enough the same height.
"Sure."
Maya smiled and then danced her way into the bedroom to get changed.
"I will be half an hour so you can continue to tidy up......thankyou."
Josh rolled his eyes at her then continued with his task.

Maybe this day would be the day Josh convinced Maya to move back to New York.He didn't know why but he felt strange to go back to New York with Maya not being there.He also didn't know why he was getting a strange feeling about her too.It was a good feeling though.
Did he like Maya?

Hellooooo.
Its me I was wondering if after...
Sorry guys for that little bit just then.So quite a long ish chapter that I hope wasn't too boring.I know that there aren't any romantic Joshaya scenes just yet but maybe in a bit.For now though just enjoy the friendly Joshaya scenes.......
Megan x