chapter five

To say that I wasn't confused about what I'd just heard was an understatement. As Troye and I both heard the dial tone go off on the other end, we both looked at each other in complete and utter confusion. Troye being confused about Joe's feelings and me being confused about what Alfie said.

"Alfie told Joe to stay away from me?" I asked myself.

"I told Joe what?" Alfie said as he came through the door, with Zoë and Nala behind him.

Zoë unclipped the leash from Nala and the little black pug came racing towards Troye and I. She jumped on the couch as Troye scooped her up in his arms.

"What did I tell Joe?"Alfie repeated as he sat down on the chair that was opposite from me.
Just as I was about to tell him everything, including what he said to Joe, Troye shot me a look and too over.

"Joe was just telling us on the phone about how excited you were to show us more around Brighton."

"Oh okay..." Alfie said quietly as if he were in some sort of daze.

"I have to go edit this vlog." He tacked on quickly as he got up from the couch and grabbed his camera. Zoë quickly told us that she should do the same as she rushed up the stairs, following him.

I shrugged off the fact that Troye stopped me from asking Alfie about Joe knowing that he did it for a good reason. If Alfie found out about the conversation between Joe and Caspar, I could only imagine how infuriated he would be.

"What are you gonna say to Joe when you see him next?" Troye asked.

"That's a good question..." I said and trailed off when Nala started to make her way towards me. I pulled the pug into my arms and scratched behind her ears, as Troye stood up and started to walk towards the kitchen.

"Shit I'm so hungry." He muttered, frowning as he walked in the kitchen. I looked up from my place on the couch and quickly remembered that Troye adored macaroni and cheese.

"You know Troye, I make a mean mac n cheese, do you want some?" I asked innocently and smiled at him. His frown immediately turned into a smile as he nodded excitedly.

"My god you're a life saver!" He exclaimed as he grabbed my hand and pulled me off the couch, causing Nala to bark as she jumped on the empty part of the couch. Troye dragged me to the kitchen and let go of my hand as he pulled out a pot. I raised my eyebrows but he just smiled and shrugged.

"I'm excited!" He said to my confusion. I laughed and nodded my head  as I looked for all the things that I would need to make the macaroni. I had everything, except for the main ingredient.

The pasta.

"Of all the things!" I exclaimed.

"What?"

"Zoë and Alfie don't have pasta!"

"Shit we need that."

"We'll just go to the nearest Tesco. You don't mind walking right?"

"As long as I get my macaroni." Troye muttered as he grabbed his jacket. I did the same and we both put on our shoes.

"I'll meet you outside just give me a second I have to grab my phone!" I told him as I slipped off my shoes and ran over to the table where my phone was on. I quickly grabbed it as Troye called my name.