Narrowing her eyes in suspicion Urianna muttered something about manipulative old hags.

Her mother just laughed, going back to making lunch.

**

Switching POV Urianna (just trying it out)

Staring at myself in the mirror I wondered why I couldn't get my smile to reach my eyes. This was more than foolish; how could I be love sick for the one who made me second in his life.

The maids moved around the room, fussing with the edges of my gown. I couldn't feel the excitement, if anything a form of anxiety was coming over me. How many months had it been since I'd been put on display for the crème de la crème of society? Lifting my arm, I allowed them to slide on the gold jewelry that matched the red dress.

The earing cam next, they sparkled in the light like fire. My mother had chosen well, I'd been lucky to be able to go back to physical activities after giving birth so my figure was fuller but the weight gain hadn't been serious.

Staring as the parts a pieces of the outfit were added, I could now see that young girl I'd been had disappeared. The women now stared at herself in sadness of the sudden awareness of time.

Stepping down the maids pushed the shoes forward for me to step into. Finally, they handed me purse and shall. My hair had been arranged into a simple chignon, tendrils escaped here and there.

The necklaces I wouldn't let them move, it always stayed with me a little piece of him that wouldn't let go. Refused to let go, it was the things that allowed me to remember the few good memories we had together.

Turning away from the mirror and all the sorrow it held, I made my way out to catch the short air-craft to get to the main event.

I prayed that this night, would be the last time I would have to attend a public even.

**

Soyu also known as Ivan stood in the dark corners of the palace ball room. He watched as people talked and chatted under the lights of the bright candelabras. The room was large with black marbled flooring, with gold veins shooting through it. All the tall windows were open allowing in the spring air, and the scent of flowers from outside gently went through the room.

"How long do you intend to stay?"

Killian asked this, capturing Soyu's attention from observing the ballroom. Killian had adopted a disguise of brown hair, and tanned features. They'd entered as part of the Astonia sector entourage.

"As long as it takes," Soyu said his eyes returning to the ballroom floor, "Are you sure they said she would be here tonight?"

Killian nodded, "Yes, this ball is to be her return to the society. She's kept hidden, I'm unsure if it was her father's doing or hers."

Soyu nodded, Killian eye'd him worriedly, "Prince you're not planning-?" He trailed off.

Soyu chuckled, "Cause a scene?" He shook his head, his eyes narrowing, "I will not do such a thing, but I will confront her...she will not be able to avoid it."

Killian sighed, that was the exact opposite of what he expected. He pulled his stinger out of his pocket to make sure it was set. He had a feeling he'd be running for his life soon.

"THE PRINCESS URIANNA DAIN, ENTER!"'

The entire crowd in the ballroom turned their attention to the main staircase. Soyu followed their example his heart slamming his chest. His eyes widened, she was truly alive. Until this moment he'd held doubt in Killians words.