Chapter 14

The palace was a smash up of several little palaces, and compounds. High walls surrounded the entire structure. It was all too similar to the Forbidden City. Urianna had thought when she'd first arrived. Her own room was ornately decorated with the Sigil of the Keehan family on her main wall, her heavy curtains were lined with silver and gold that shined as the sun went down.

Seeing disaster in her future if she kept being pulled by Cher, she forced the girl to stop. Releasing the girl's hand, she straightened her dress, a heavy silk the color of sapphire, and straightened her hair that had been looped up high into a fancy bun.

"Cher," she said finished fixing her appearance. "Calm down, she probably only wants to see me to discuss how my lessons are going."

Cher expression became doubtful, "She is always asking you about Prince Ivan and when you don't answer adequately she forces you to do something mundane. You are re his.The only Ce-fujin he has, she should be nicer to you."

Laughing, Shelby didn't bother to say anything as she entered the Bird Palace, where the Queen resided. Making her way across the courtyard, she entered the main receiving room. Seeing the Queen seated on her throne she curtsied, "Ce-fu-jin, greets Great Queen Tai fai."

The queen motioned for her to stand, she appeared gentle, with her black hair and soft red-eyes that held hints of blue. "You may stand Ce-fu-jin Davis."

Quietly, Urianna stood, and faced the Queen with a neutral expression.

Queen Tai-fai, motioned towards the maid who held a coffee-colored trey. On it laid some clothing, "A message has been sent from the outer court. The Prince has requested your return to the Tammis School."

Uri stiffened, she tried to keep her expression carefully un-emotional. Choosing her words carefully she spoke. "I would return, only if Queen Tai-fai has been satisfied with my understanding of the court values."

A slight smirk graced Tai-fais lips, one thing Uri had learned quickly was that emotions in the court were useless. And that no one expressed themselves fully, no bellowing laughter, or heavy weeping was ever heard in the hall of the inner court.

"My satisfaction, is the Princes satisfaction if he deems you unfit, he will return you or," Her eyes widened, "Kill you."

She turned her attention to a faceless maid who brought forward two steeming cups. "Ah, this is a Rose leaf tea that was sent from a small village in Estonia," She delicately pick up the small porcelain cup. The maid came down from the small dais and lowering her head, offered Uri the second one. Uri picked it up. The fragrance made her stomach growl.

She lifted the lid to her, and waved it above the tea cup dispersing the steam. "In our sector any Keehan male who is to earn a title, must marry before he has any children." She smiled gently her eyes still on the cup, but Uri refused to lower her guard around Tai-Fai.

"Any female he takes under his wings before marriage, is given the title of Ce-fu-jin." She took a tiny sip of her tea, "A Ce-fu-jin cannot nurture a child in her womb, out of respect to the future wife. Once that Keehan male has married, and the wife has become pregnant. The Ce-fu-jin can nurture within her body the second child."

Slowly the coldness of the broad receiving room started to makes its way through Uri's soft slippers. The Queens eyes narrowed on her, her smile now menacing in a sweet way. "If the Ce-fu-jin is found to be pregnant before the wife, she is held prisoner till the baby is born. Once said baby is born it is handed over to the wife and the Ce-fu-jin is executed."

Slowly standing the Queen, pointed her finger at my cup, "Rose tea prevents a woman from getting pregnant, you will drink this tea until the day there is a child safely in the First wife's belly, understand?"