29 - Felt A Disturbance In The Force, Luke?

Start from the beginning

"Oh for God's sake," Ciaran huffed, grabbing my wrist in one hand and Finn's wrist in the other and suddenly popping out of existence. I stumbled, landing hard in the lobby of the Rockefeller Centre. I just had time to look at Ciaran before he disappeared. I looked at Finn who just shrugged. 

Moments later, Ciaran reappeared with the Claw and Bat Boy, who had, according to Ciaran, been trying to glide down the stairs, but kept flying into the walls or banisters, etc. Bat Boy only muttered a, "no, I glided into the walls," but after that, snapped his mouth shut.

Ciaran was already gone, gradually teleporting our friends two by two until we were all in the lobby and making a run for the entrance. Some of the wasps had already started gathering in the lobby, having found a way there through the elevator shaft or air vents.

"We just need to get outside!" Everglade shouted, wiping a hand across his sweat-dotted forehead. "I don't know what they are, but they're not normal wasps. They don't like the light!"

Unfortunately, outside was still cloudy and overcast from Electro's static storm. His face immediately morphed into one of horror as he realised he could be the downfall of us all. As if to prove that point, the wasps followed us out without a second's hesitation.

"Electro, get rid of that storm!" Dresden shouted.

"TRYING," Electro screamed back, massaging his temples as the clouds slowly, very slowly, started separating. "My specialty is creating storms, not getting rid of them." 

Meanwhile Gabriel muttered some curse in Icelandic and his hands blazed to life - or should I say, light. He swung them around like torch beams, immediately frying whatever wasps came near. 

"You have laser powers?" Bat Boy asked in awe as another bundle of wasps disintegrated under Gabriel's beacons.

"No," Gabriel frowned, "I guess they're just allergic to light?"

"Normal Jewel Wasps are totally fine with light," Finn commentated, clearly confused. "These wasps clearly have some kind of limitation."

"Don't tell me we've got super wasps on our hands," Ciaran dragged a hand down his face before turning his head skyward, "can I not just have one normal day?" 

"Get a grip drama queen," Athena growled from next to Ciaran.

"What did you just say?" Ciaran's eyes narrowed to slits as he glared at Athena.

"Don't think I don't know who you are," she crossed her arms defiantly, her hair having come out of its braid from all the running, now frizzing around her face like a wild red halo. By now we had all stopped running and were doubled over, panting heavily as Gabriel used his light to vaporise the remaining wasps and Electro did his best to clear the cloud cover.

The wasps were starting to shriek as they made contact with the light, but Athena paid them no attention.

"You cost that Arson kid his life."

"Well I just saved yours," Ciaran fired back.

"Nothing constitutes standing by and watching a thirteen-year-old boy get murdered," Athena huffed darkly.

"Gold, think you can blind these things with your costume or something?" Gabriel shouted through gritted teeth, interrupting the mini-fight that broke out through the two supers who continued to glower at each other. 

"Sure thing," Gold smirked triumphantly, "hit me."

Gabriel swung his beacons around to Gold Thrush. If this didn't work, the wasps would be on us in seconds.