Chapter 23

Jay woke up in a white room. She got up out of the hospital bed, walking out the semi open door. The hallway was empty, so she made her way down a staircase, spotting the lady at the front desk. "Uhh, I think I was attacked by an animal my best friend and parents should be here so, could you please tell me where they are?" Jay said. The woman paid no attention to her, instead sorting some papers. 'That's weird..' Jay thought to herself. "Hello?" Jay said, waving her hand in front of the lady. The woman didn't respond and Jay's curiosity got deeper. She ran around, yelling at people to get their attention, but no one even looked at her.

Jay took off, running back to her hospital room. Her eyes widened.

Laying in the bed with an IV in her arm and tubes everywhere, laid Jay. The bandages around her neck were soaked with blood and there were scratches on her face. "Wait...... What's.. What's going on?" Jay whined, backing up.

Just then, Lily entered the room. Her eyes looked dull and depressed.

"Lily! Man, am I glad to see you! What's going on here?" Jay asked.

Lily didn't reply. She sat on the edge of the hospital bed, looking down at Jay's body. "Oh, Jay.... I'm so sorry... I should've helped you...."

Jay sits at the end of the bed. "And I should've listened to you..." Jay whispered. Lily looked at the floor. "You'd better pull through. Cause I don't know what I'd do without you, Jaybird."

Jay looked at her. "Can you hear me, Lil?" She asked. Lily didn't reply. Realization clawed at Jay's stomach. "You can't hear me... No one can.... Because I'm a ghost.."